WHISKEYS NEW POND PROJECT

Reaction score
that is one incredible piece of ingenuity i assume you have lots of time on your hands and are very talented congradulations on a job above and beyond maybe someday when im rich and have more time ill attempt something on that scale

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Thank you dave for your kind words, yes it did take alot of planning and sweat, but the end result is now worth while, would i have altered or changed anything, the answers always yes in hinesight, i would have put in two bottom drains along with two returns at half depth for winter returns.

The later i`ve done but is showing pipework now painted black to blend in with liner, so i can turn the water blade off to prevent water chilling and divert to mid returns,it also helps i`ve found, on water clarity by cirulating water flow around pond towards bottom drain and not forgetting skimmer taking any surface muck off

I use to keep goldfish,comet and fantails but always wanted to keep koi.....so hence converted old ponds into two ponds on a larger scale with veiwing window, now i keep koi - goldfish - fantails - roach - ghost carp - with tench to be added soon plus another few koi before winter sets in.

many thanks

whiskey [ terry]

Reaction score
What about the sturgeon u wanted way back when u first started that would be cool Arent those an endangered species though

whiskey

Reaction score
STURGEON

I was told i would need to keep them seperate them from koi, should i need to treat pond and as both ponds flow into each other, i could not put sturgeon any where at present.

May build a holding tank inside workshop with a seperate filter duing the winter, so i can keep just one, in the main pond and have some where to medicate fish or hold should i need to.

Would love a "diamond sturgeon" was tempted to just keep them only but i love all fish and to watch fish in the veiwing window, has also changed a lot of my fishing methords and tactics when fishing for carp on my local lake.

whiskey

Reaction score
There a company called " Orchard Fishies " fish of 20-22" around £100.00 sterling although a small one aroud 12" would be better for our pond to allow for growth as to give many years of pleasure before finding a local lake, as they can grow to well over 4ft.

Reaction score
wow a four footer would be awsome in my pond wouldnt have much room to turn around though considering its only 11' round lol

Ask a Question