Why do people not listen ? Especially to a Vet!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing, Maria! I have run into this with my turtles. One of the vets in the practic we use [well, now recently retired] is somewhat versed in reptile care, and was about the only vet around here who does. But his was not an in-depth, working knowledge & experience, and esp. not with turtles. I think he worked with local rescues & rehabbers [alligators, mostly] and got most of his experience that way. But if I ever had a REAL problem, I'd be looking for someone elsewhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
And [without actually checking into this.....] I would venture to say that in the US, unless you find a vet whose hobby and love is fish, most of your "icthy" vets ae going to be located closer to areas that have large aquariums or zoos.
If you keep koi and join the AKCA Maggie then they offer the same service as the BKKS all be it on a larger scale in that a health official is duty bound to come out and see you :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question