Why we shouldn't be producing technology in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Did anyone read that the Chinese have buried a code in the firmware of some cell phones that send back all text messages written on that phone and the location of the phone every 72 hours to some company in China. They say it was for advertising purposes and won't do it any more. What should make us believe that they aren't doing it to all cell phones and computers? Seems like it's time to bring Apple back and not support android systems. The downside is that I would never own an Apple product. Not sure what to do:(

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Did anyone read that the Chinese have buried a code in the firmware of some cell phones that send back all text messages written on that phone and the location of the phone every 72 hours to some company in China. They say it was for advertising purposes and won't do it any more. What should make us believe that they aren't doing it to all cell phones and computers? Seems like it's time to bring Apple back and not support android systems. The downside is that I would never own an Apple product. Not sure what to do:(

How do you know that the U.S. government has not been doing this for years. Let's believe everything we read, folks and get over-paranoid. It does wonders for your blood pressure.

Reaction score
You pretty much have to assume that anything you say or type over the internet "could be" intercepted, same with your phone conversations. And although the odds are stacked against that actually happening in real time, as it's happening, it is a fact that every text you send, or web site you visit, is recorded and logged somewhere where someone could view it years later. Our only anonymity is in that our personal bits of data that we personally transmit over the internet are lost in the billions and billions of bits that get transmitted everyday.
However if that gives you no comfort and your blood pressure is still adversely effected on hearing that someone might be accessing your personal bits of data, then don't ever listen to any of Edward Snowdens speeches or interviews.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Anytime you use facebook, or any app that help you find anything, google map, map for direction, or even your internet can recognize where you are. just saying :)

Reaction score
Anytime you use facebook, or any app that help you find anything, google map, map for direction, or even your internet can recognize where you are. just saying :)
Yep, that's kind of like when I happen to go into a gas station and ask for directions. The gas station attendant, and possibly the customer behind me, knows where I am. Even if I don't.;)
It's funny how we expect so much privacy nowadays and worry that any of our personal information might fall into the wrong hands. I remember the day when we use to freely give out our name, address, and personal phone number to an outfit that would display it publicly in a book that they distributed to everyone in my town and put in every phone booth. Talk about an invasion of privacy. :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
On the other hand, if you decide to lead a secret life and tell no one anything and reveal nothing about yourself, other people will define you and take advantage of you.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Live your life and enjoy it! ..........The heck with what anyone else thinks!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
If someone wants to see me naked they're welcome to it.

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hey
Hey they see me naked laugh and it is over nothing to see here lmao

I am not rich so no money.to take
I am not sending out secrets
And nothing criminal so they are welcome to waste there time

But I do hope they will find those that are willing to do harm before they do

Ruben

Reaction score
Here is the thing. We all know that someone somewhere is hacking into emails. So assuming that they know the phone number that you have, what is to stop them from listening in? For the average joe who cares but I wouldn't want "them" listening in to conversations going on at a meeting in at the Pentagon or Oval office. And why would an advertising company need to see what you are texting? IMHO technology shouldn't be produced in a country like China. Only time will tell if I'm wrong. By the way China also produces technology and parts for our weapon systems.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Technology, information gathering and marketing are still in the "wild west" phase.
The Wikileaks, Edward Snowden and NSA issue falls under "national security", and will be debated for a long time to come but never decided on because someone will always be profiting from the information in one way or the other.
Until lawmakers have to deal with an extreme case of information abuse, Facebook and others will continue to collect and profit from our internet activities.
Facebook will become the 1st $Trillion company in history.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I don't believe that there will be any more privacy, there will only be compliance.
Just make sure that your compliance falls outside the areas of concern of your respective area's judicial system.
All this is just my opinion, though.
;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i had few adds comming often and i had no idea whats doint it , i did deep deep scaning then i found one agent runing called proxy , i tryed to disable it wont then i rooted device and uninstalled all the useless preinstalled apps including this virus

it is in most of the android phones one way or another ur apps and chatting apps all are doing same , if you ever read there terms , they hide from using tricky words in fact they are doing it , facebook has been critisized for such policies too . i know in chinese most of them are spyware adware used for advertisement , not bcz of geting ur personal info , bcz most of them are sponsored to have lower cost secretly while they are manufactured or when there firmware is installed , it adds in it some tojans that u cant take out ever , but some ways you can , u need to root phone . need to se whats running in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question