Winter sunset

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Well, it's been a while since I've posted, what with one thing or another. But tonight's sunset was simply too beautiful not to share.

Sorry about the poor sound quality and the sound of distant artillery... All the air traffic has been re-routed over our area due to missile fire further south.

pond-sunset1_10Dec23.jpg

pond-sunset2_10Dec23.jpg

pond-sunset3_10Dec23.jpg

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@YShahar pond looking lovely and peaceful even w/ all the stuff going on beyond it! I try to keep tabs on all that is going on back there. Think things may be getting better if I'm reading it right?
Hanukkah banner.gif

Hanukkah.gif

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
@YShahar pond looking lovely and peaceful even w/ all the stuff going on beyond it! I try to keep tabs on all that is going on back there. Think things may be getting better if I'm reading it right?
View attachment 161527

View attachment 161528
Well, not sure if things are getting better, but we're sort of settling into the new normal. We still have daily barrages of missiles, but none have hit in our area for several weeks.

Just for perspective, here's a photo of a house up the street from us that suffered a direct hit last month:
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 16.21.00.jpeg

That one flew right over my pond, and hit about 1 kilometer from us. Bit of a rough neighborhood!

The pond sure is a blessing with all this going on! We've been sitting out there, weather permitting, every free moment.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well, not sure if things are getting better, but we're sort of settling into the new normal. We still have daily barrages of missiles, but none have hit in our area for several weeks.

Just for perspective, here's a photo of a house up the street from us that suffered a direct hit last month:
View attachment 161529

That one flew right over my pond, and hit about 1 kilometer from us. Bit of a rough neighborhood!

The pond sure is a blessing with all this going on! We've been sitting out there, weather permitting, every free moment.
Was just reading on the Times of Israel how some Hamas were giving up. Is this true?

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Was just reading on the Times of Israel how some Hamas were giving up. Is this true?
Yes, it looks like it's true. Not sure what the next step will be, as they reported having over 40,000 fighters at the beginning. But the good news is that if they surrender, it means fewer civilian casualties in urban warfare.

Now all we need to do is get the entire Muddle East addicted to pond building, and we'll have some peace and quiet around here!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes, it looks like it's true. Not sure what the next step will be, as they reported having over 40,000 fighters at the beginning. But the good news is that if they surrender, it means fewer civilian casualties in urban warfare.

Now all we need to do is get the entire Muddle East addicted to pond building, and we'll have some peace and quiet around here!
And you'll also get two things very uncommon for that area. Humidity and Peace

Ask a Question