j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey Colleen, yep but it won't change the time unless I keep hitting the refresh button on the forum and maybe the same w/ the temp.......not sure. It's an old gadget I grabbed off another forum I once was on and the new ones for some reason won't work here.
Water Hyacinth don't like it here.......too cool! Do you get them to grow in your pond in summer Colleen? And do you get hotter than where I am eventually?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I used to grow the hyacinth in my early days here, got an old picture but for some reason it's upside down, of me sitting by my pond in 1996 with lots of them. It can be very hot and dry here in Medicine Hat, but not these days, actually the last several years have been cooler in spring than normal. I find that when its real hot the hyacinth is a pond weed, can take over and smother the pond and choke the fish if you let them get too thick. I like sedges better now that I got some real large clumps, they shade and clean pond very early in spring, without covering the pond and smoothering it.

Attachments

• IMAG2038.jpg
    IMAG2038.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMAG2090.jpg
    IMAG2090.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 314

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't mess with tropicals, except the taro and the white star grass, they grow all winter in our sun room window. Much prefer hardies, no muss no fuss, plant freeze come back lol

Ask a Question