Winter's Almost here

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Winter can just take a hike and not bother me this year! :cold: :fish2: :fish2: :goldfish: :goldfish:

Got the pond nets up to catch the leaves and will clean the big underwater pre pump filters one last time and then it will be good till spring. Not to worried, this will be 23rd winter I think. I will keep the three connecting ponds running all winter again as I aways do. My system is very different than most of you, no skimmer, no skippy, just several pumps with large round filters before the pump, that stay underwater all year. Simple black flexable easy access tubing carries the water to next level pond, not protected from winter, but they never have froze as long as the water is comming out of tube fast. The filters do not get clogged as they are very large, and then the pumps do not freeze.

Attachments

• IMAG5184.jpg
    IMAG5184.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMAG5171.jpg
    IMAG5171.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG5181.jpg
    IMAG5181.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG5187.jpg
    IMAG5187.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 272
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You have the coolest nets over your ponds, Colleen!!! Good thing Halloween comes about the same time as leaves falling from trees, as you are able to decorate your nets with fun scary stuff, too! Love it, as usual.

Ask a Question