Yippee, it's the first snow of the year!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
angelmandi said:
We have 3 feet already-- just in the last week! LOL

BURRRRRRRRRR we have a bit on the ground, not 3 feet. We have a lot up in pa, but only visit in the summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have not much hope for a white Christmas here..........it's 51* and bright and sunny out right now at 2:30pm. Oh well better sun than rain
sun.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got my snow back again........................yippee! It's supposed to be down in the teens tonight. Did I ever tell ya I love snow :regular_waving_emot

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw remember you posted this as happy with your first snow .Well I'm happy with a last snow and spring coming no more snow no more snow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, but it will be 17 degress tonight there.
sissy said:
jw remember you posted this as happy with your first snow .Well I'm happy with a last snow and spring coming no more snow no more snow

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jeeze cold freeze your buns cold .We have strong winds and had heavy rain at around 4 am but it is 65 out now and it is only noon here and they said our high was supposed to be 66.If it where not for the wind it would be warmer the gusts up here on the hill blow you over

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's bright and sunny here today w/ no more snow on the way but it's sooooooooooooooo cold out there that I decided I'm wearing my "I'm not going outside today at all pants and shirt except maybe to check the mailbox!"

Brrrrrrrr.gif

IMG_1529.jpg

One brave guy coming up under the ice was grabbing at plant stems for a bit to eat:

IMG_1532.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you still have snow ,at least your pond is unfrozen and looks good .Fishy looks happy .I love your covered porch .Whats that color I like it on your house .I wanted something similar to that I think it looks close to the color I liked ,but was out of stock when I did my house and they said it needed done before they would let me move in .Do not know why

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh yes we still have the white stuff but not for long.
This weekend or early next week we will climb up into the 40's and 50's and all will melt away w/rain prolly and there is ice on the pond.
It is a thin layer where the fish is peeking through but areas over the plant rings and that side are frozen pretty hard around that edge.
The color of our house is sort of a grayish green. It was the brand called Columbia Paint and the main color on house was called Lunar Stone and the trim was called Steeple Gray.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought it look greyish green I like that color and you picked nice colors for your home even like the names of them .I went with vinyl siding in silk and dark green shutters easy to take care of .You leave your plant rings you made in all winter and it does not harm them ,like crack the tubing or warp them out of shape .I guess not looking at them ,they look fine

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just leave the plant rings in all year and never noticed them warping or anything. We don't get really hot here or very cold for very long at a time so maybe that helps :LOL:

Reaction score
We got 8 inches this morning and my snow blower quit so i had to break out the shovel lol lot of work when you have a circle drive and a straight away lol

Ask a Question