123 Go!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Was away for two days with work, just took a look during the day to see the glorious "pond" with the tree stump removed, not much to look at, a ton of dirt to move but gonna finalize the spray paint outline this weekend and move as much soil as I can!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 208

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Get shoveling and enjoy the new build

Soon you will have a nice spot to sit back and admire all that you have done

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Great job boys! I think they must be eager for a pond as well..lol
looking forward to seeing your pond build.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think you need to feed them more or give them a bigger bribe to make them work faster .Get the whip out :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Slight change to the layout but I think this is the final outline.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 241

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That will look nice, leave enough room to walk around the fence side, that will always be where you need to be if you can't reach it.

What kind of edge? Do like jw and others have done, a shallow shelf you have the liner sit on that you cover with rocks that are partly in the water partly out. Covers the liner beautifully.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would also suggest with all those young helpers around that you keep your edges low and flat - make sure it's easy and safe for everyone to approach and view the pond without having to climb over or step on rocks that may not be designed for stepping... because they will step!

We have a big rock that is our "standing rock" - it's flat and appears to overhang the water (just an eye trick - there's a big shelf underneath to support it). But every single person who views our pond instinctively knows "this rock is for standing on" and they do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
That will look nice, leave enough room to walk around the fence side, that will always be where you need to be if you can't reach it.

What kind of edge? Do like jw and others have done, a shallow shelf you have the liner sit on that you cover with rocks that are partly in the water partly out. Covers the liner beautifully.

Yes, the current line is the complete outside edge, there will be a shelf inset from there for rocks to hold the liner, I have approx three feet between the edge and the fence for access, any other thoughts before the hole begins and becomes unchangeable?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I would also suggest with all those young helpers around that you keep your edges low and flat - make sure it's easy and safe for everyone to approach and view the pond without having to climb over or step on rocks that may not be designed for stepping... because they will step!

We have a big rock that is our "standing rock" - it's flat and appears to overhang the water (just an eye trick - there's a big shelf underneath to support it). But every single person who views our pond instinctively knows "this rock is for standing on" and they do!

I am putting a small deck on the end closest to the camera, it will hang out just over the water for viewing and relaxation!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Started initial dig, bout six inches down, almost the full outline done and I'm starting to see the first glimpse of a pond forming, one shovelful at a time :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 235

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes now it really is looking like it will be a nice pond. I like all the curvy edges. Hope it's not too much of a bugger to get the liner to lay in place around the tighter curves. You just have to get in there and play w/the folds so they lay the way you want them to. Water pressure on the sides will help keep them in place too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Yes now it really is looking like it will be a nice pond. I like all the curvy edges. Hope it's not too much of a bugger to get the liner to lay in place around the tighter curves. You just have to get in there and play w/the folds so they lay the way you want them to. Water pressure on the sides will help keep them in place too.

I wondered about the curves as well, worst case I will tone them down a bit.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ponddigger on you tube put a deck over Rosemary's pond .He did a circular one .The curves are not easy ,pond liners don't have any give and you may have lots of folds .I did rectangular and only had folds in the corners .Folds are really hard to do but I found those little spring clamps made it easier to control each fold .When water was in I just removed the spring clamps and pressed the fold down .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads