Adding water

Reaction score
I used to run a trickle into my pond 24/7 in arizona, heavily treated water, it never caused an issue.
At about the 4 minute mark in that video he explains why.

If you have a significantly large pond and depend on dechlorinators (water conditioner) for water changes you are either going to spend a fortune of those dechlorinators, or end up not actually doing as many water changes and your should.
Drip water change system is way easier and reliable than doing manual water changes, cheaper in the long run, and safer and healthier for your pond water quality, and no need for any prior chemical water treatments.
However, if you are really paranoid about chlorine in your water and want one more level of insurance you can add a cheap inline carbon filter in the drip line system.
Culligan-RVF-10-RV-Filter-System.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use those for my watering system, just to keep the dirt and small pieces of gravel / rocks out of the controllers and the drip emitters.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's always good to put some kind of filter on your line if you are going use fine spray emitters or drip emittersto keep them from getting clogged.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah, it's always good to put some kind of filter on your line if you are going use fine spray emitters or drip emittersto keep them from getting clogged.
esp with our well water............

Ask a Question