My pond photos

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here is the pond after a week of the pump being on. I have a bit of foam by the waterfall and we have had about an inch or two of rain today.

Attachments

• P1030855.JPG
    P1030855.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 231
  • P1030856.JPG
    P1030856.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 255
  • P1030857.JPG
    P1030857.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 282

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good, you have a great waterfall.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks Addy. I am still thinking about doing a bog on the opposite side of my filter falls at the top. I cut down the monster grass and now need to transplant it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I moved a bunch of grass, still have a little more to move, it grew bigger than I wanted and seeds unreal lol, so being moved to where I don't care if there are a zillion grass babies.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So you don't want any???? I am going to be giving a lot away in my neighborhood in the next few weeks, hopefully there will be takers.

Attachments

• DSC01358.JPG
    DSC01358.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC01360.JPG
    DSC01360.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01362.JPG
    DSC01362.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01304.JPG
    DSC01304.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC01371.JPG
    DSC01371.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 203

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond and falls are looking good up and running and all those grass plants look nice! I pulled out all the grass plants I had cuz they put seeds everywhere and it was a pain to keep the little sprouts from taking over. Guess there are some that aren't so bad about exploding everywhere but I had Mexican Feather Grass and it was a monster. I had Pampas Grass too and the wind here wrecked it every time it got the big pretty plumes so I gave that away. Yours all look beautiful where you have them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like those ones in the middle picture with the real white plumes, what kind is it?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy i have no idea. You want some??

Sure! you want some lilies or some more karly? I can take some from a clump, it has not started growing yet, not sure if this is when you would move it or not.
How about some of the ones in picture 2,3,4 with a bunch of those white in pic #3 and some of the tall in pic #3. Just make it one of those big boxes let me know shipping and I will send it to you. I have some rocky hard to mow little hills in the front at the end of our driveway. I want to convert those hills to ornamental grasses.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks like pampas grass to me .I just had a neighbor give me a big clump of zebra grass .The grasses are so pretty when they sway in the wind .Looks really good tmann.They have a mini version and I have it and it does not get as tall but gets more blooms that are shorter

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Addy I will let you know when I get them dug up, will do in the next week and get them sent to you. Shame you don't live close as I would give you some huge clumps!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy I will let you know when I get them dug up, will do in the next week and get them sent to you. Shame you don't live close as I would give you some huge clumps!!!

They will all grow lol, my karly was just three blades of grass, when I bought it, that grew nicely into a bunch of great clumps of grass.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Today I started laying out the design of the bog. Went and got some rock from the neighborhood, need about 10 more loads like the one I did today... I am really tired of hunting for rock then loading it in the truck then unloading it into wheel barrow and then finally wheeling that heavy thing up my small hill to where the bog is going to be. Now that I have started I can't quit. Plan on working on it during the evenings after work if it is nice and if I am not too tired. I am looking forward to the finished product and getting some plants in there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are all there w/ ya tmann in spirit pushing that wheelbarrow up the hill and so on and so on! We just don't get the back ache from it all,lol! Sorry you have to suffer but unto us all a little pain must fall. It will be over soon and you will be happy you did it :D

Ask a Question