j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I was wondering that also but maybe he doesn't care if some flows over the side as long as most of it goes forward over the flat rocks.

Reaction score
That is correct. The plan is to have some spilling over the sides, I want it to do that. This is why the trench is dug all the way around, so that any water going over the sides will just run down into the sump.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did that w/ my waterfall just in case any water decided to go it's own way. Liner all around underneath it and liner edges curved upwards like a bowl so any water flows right back into pond. No leaks but better safe than sorry :)

Reaction score
Okay! here it is. First Water Test Today!!!!

So it is what we expected, we still have work to do, sealing areas up to get more water to stay in rather than out the sides. I knew this to be expected, but here it is, first water flow!.

Reaction score
That is correct. The plan is to have some spilling over the sides, I want it to do that. This is why the trench is dug all the way around, so that any water going over the sides will just run down into the sump.
Thats a great idea!!!

Reaction score
Okay! here it is. First Water Test Today!!!!

So it is what we expected, we still have work to do, sealing areas up to get more water to stay in rather than out the sides. I knew this to be expected, but here it is, first water flow!.

I am working on a tiny water spill that looks like it is coming from under ground and into my pond. I am going to experiment this winter with different spouts. On youtube someone heated the pvc pipe end and flattened it out. I am thinking the initial splash will be my issues as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep you have it coming really nice over the first rocks and w/ a little sealing on the sides it will look great!

Reaction score
Okay so fine tuning is done now and it's good flow all the way down :)

Time to finish this project off. Just a little more to go.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow that looks great!

Clapping.gif

Reaction score
Okay so now this is really taking shape. I am thinking that one last video of the final project and this one will be a wrap. Whew, this was a MAJOR project. Sorry about the low video quality, it's the lifeproof case, I will take it off for the final show.

Ask a Question