Grackle

IMG_4422 copy.jpg

IMG_4429 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Warmer weather here today so the dogs were napping outdoors when the owl showed up for a nightcap. I was on the front porch taking photos when this happened...
Dogs and owl - what owl??
I was so stunned I just kept quiet and watched. I figured she would just sit quietly or maybe take off. I was so surprised that the dogs came through there - it all happened so fast. I didn't think they would notice her unless maybe she took off. A minute later she saw her buddy go by and left! The dogs went to bed and never knew a thing :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Big day! Both owls arrived at the pond together for once! I'd never had the opportunity to compare/contrast them for characteristics and size. But now I'm confident that I can tell them apart. They were quite aware of my presence, I was about 25 feet away on the porch. Then he took a bath in the lotus tub - right in front of me:p What do you think the goldfish were doing while he did??
They were here for almost an hour - long enough that I came back in and made another cup of espresso. Blew my mind that they were here that long! She stayed an extra 15 minutes or so after he went to bed in the trees next door. It's not unusual for them to hunt in the daylight on cloudy days like today.
Equally surprising, the crows flew over head several times and never even noticed the owls sitting in the open!

Sooooooooooo glad I got this camera :) Can you tell I'm excited :LOL:

Hunting together at the bog:
There's a grub with her name on it:
And then he took a bath...https://youtu.be/JMGKeOcDCHg
And another grub bites the dust:
Back on the canopy
Another glance in hopes of lunch:

Here's him.
P1140479.JPG
P1140542.JPG
P1140547.JPG

Here's her.
P1140640.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you tell the difference between them? sorry if you covered that in the videos - I can't watch them at the moment because I'm on a call for work.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Big day! Both owls arrived at the pond together for once! I'd never had the opportunity to compare/contrast them for characteristics and size. But now I'm confident that I can tell them apart. They were quite aware of my presence, I was about 25 feet away on the porch. Then he took a bath in the lotus tub - right in front of me:p What do you think the goldfish were doing while he did??
They were here for almost an hour - long enough that I came back in and made another cup of espresso. Blew my mind that they were here that long! She stayed an extra 15 minutes or so after he went to bed in the trees next door. It's not unusual for them to hunt in the daylight on cloudy days like today.
Equally surprising, the crows flew over head several times and never even noticed the owls sitting in the open!

Hunting together at the bog:
There's a grub with her name on it:
And then he took a bath...https://youtu.be/JMGKeOcDCHg
And another grub bites the dust:
Back on the canopy
Another glance in hopes of lunch:

Here's him.
View attachment 162752View attachment 162754View attachment 162755

Here's her.
View attachment 162756
Is that a woodpecker I can hear in the background? Great videos.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

[/QUOTE]

I bet im happier then your self , with your new camera. you get to live these owls we got fuzzy owls and no not talking chicks. can't wait to see the amazing shots you get. Tripod tripod tripod

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

I bet im happier then your self , with your new camera. you get to live these owls we got fuzzy owls and no not talking chicks. can't wait to see the amazing shots you get. Tripod tripod tripod
[/QUOTE]
LOL - who the hell has time to grab a tripod! Promise, I'll work on it. But I've only just figured out how to turn the camera on and use the wifi option :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL - who the hell has time to grab a tripod! Promise, I'll work on it. But I've only just figured out how to turn the camera on and use the wifi option :)
[/QUOTE]
@ i see @Hound Heaven nat geo in my future

Ask a Question