2022 caught 20 , 2023 #22 - #27 just caught about 18inches

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Never understood why people are so phobic with snakes
I love snakes! Used to keep some as pets in my younger days, now I just totally enjoy the wild ones we see that live around the house & yard.

However! I've gotta say that if a 4' long snake dropped out of the sky & wrapped itself around my arm out of the blue, I'm pretty sure even *I* would be pretty freaked out! LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't run screaming when I see snakes but then we don't have big poisonous or biting ones here. Ran into some down in Az while hiking. Hubby says "Don't move" and I didn't as I knew what it meant. Got my bearings and backed slowly away inch by inch. They are beautiful creatures but I prefer not to touch any of them even the small garter snakes here. I will if I have to tho but not just for fun. If my neighbor across the road gets any I have to go and bring them over here to live. Her hubby can't deal w/the sight of them!

Spiders are my friends and I like to bother hubby w/them whenever I get the chance
spider32.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While I have a hard time believing the hawk attacked her for the snake. I can't say BS to the snake dropping on her as a blue fish about 12 inches long fell out of the sky between myself and a guy I was talking to at a show up yard as we were starting our day. But the osprey just flew away.

And I did have an osprey dive bomb me as her nest was a line pole as I was walking the row in Maine so I guess I got to buy it '

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol I was not living at home! I did have all sorts of critters when I was a kid.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
While plowing down by the creek, Dad turned up some leathery eggs. Thinking they were turtle eggs, I put them in an aquarium, under some dirt, and a lightbulb for warmth. About a month later, found out they weren't turtle eggs after all, but Kingsnakes. Had about a dozen of them. After a few days, I turned them out at the barn.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat! These water snakes do live birth.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Found one of your snakes caught in my leaf netting this morning. It's the first one I've seen this year. I was surprised it was alive so decided to try to cut it loose. Snake had an attitude and struck at me after I cut it loose. I checked cameras and it seems it's been in the net since sunday!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Found one of your snakes caught in my leaf netting this morning. It's the first one I've seen this year. I was surprised it was alive so decided to try to cut it loose. Snake had an attitude and struck at me after I cut it loose. I checked cameras and it seems it's been in the net since sunday!
Guess it wasn't totally underwater? How big was it? Do you transport it or just let it go? I would take it far away! Ungrateful snake o_O

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just at water level. 4' and really thick! Once I got the net cut off it struck at me and slithered off into the woods. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. Now I have a huge hole in my net.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just at water level. 4' and really thick! Once I got the net cut off it struck at me and slithered off into the woods. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. Now I have a huge hole in my net.
Uh oh wonder if it got any fish? Prolly not hopefully as it could have gotten stuck entering and not leaving. If it got fish tho, it might come back :(

Ask a Question