2022 caught 20 , 2023 #22 - #27 just caught about 18inches

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We had some powerful storms come through here yesterday and dump a lot of rain ! I'm sorry the snake drowned, but best you NOT venture out in a storm to check the trap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
When we relocate our copperheads, (caught with tongs & 'stored' in a garbage can) we take the entire 33 gallon garbage can for a 'ride' in the back of our Kawasaki mule & then dump the snakes directly out of it onto the ground. With them, the less handling/transferring the better. With our Nessie, I caught her with the snake tongs & put her in a covered 5 gallon bucket. Then we took her over to our community fishing pond & dumped her out. I've never had any success with snake traps & fortunately our Nessie was a one & done (at least so far...)
Relocate Copperheads!!?? Yeah, I relocate them alright, to the happy hunting ground. Or to the nearest nest of Kingsnakes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i'll even relocate a half dozen, after that nature takes it course copper head meet copper jacket.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had some powerful storms come through here yesterday and dump a lot of rain ! I'm sorry the snake drowned, but best you NOT venture out in a storm to check the trap.
No kidding, sideways rain, lightening, howling winds, stuff flying, snakes on their own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Relocate Copperheads!!?? Yeah, I relocate them alright, to the happy hunting ground. Or to the nearest nest of Kingsnakes.
Yup. They don't bother us and we don't bother them. I do make the effort to catch them for relocation when I find one hanging out in our front stacked stone wall, primarily because I don't want one of my dogs to accidently get bitten (I know better than to go poking my nosey nose into a Copperhead!) Just found/caught one of these cheeky little buggers out sunning himself yesterday & took him for a ride far away from the house.
copperhead condo 01+.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So thats why @addy1 IN ON SNAKE 39 YOUR FELLOW TOWNIE CATCHES THEIR SNAKES BRING THEM TO THE COUNTRY AND LETS THEM GO IN YOUR BACK YARD
Hey mine are not copperhead! Only have seen one in 12 years on our driveway.

If they were I would have professional help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a huge snowy egret at the pond this morning he did not like me very much the fold up chair flies better than I ever thought it could .
Snakes I can tolerate until fish start disappearing

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snakes I can tolerate until fish start disappearing
I didn't realize I had a bad snake issue until my fish count dropped to around 50 from close to 150. Never found floaters, no herons netted out, etc

So bought 250 fish last summer, again dropped to below 100, then I started seeing snakes, lots of snakes. Then filmed those snakes snacking on the fish.

The snake catching war was on!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't realize I had a bad snake issue until my fish count dropped to around 50 from close to 150. Never found floaters, no herons netted out, etc

So bought 250 fish last summer, again dropped to below 100, then I started seeing snakes, lots of snakes. Then filmed those snakes snacking on the fish.

The snake catching war was on!
You must be getting them as they come as we haven't heard too much about snakes getting caught lately. I know that little one drowned but other that that a big 0 at least in the last week or so! Do you still see a ton of fish swimming around and none missing? Those traps are working good! Yay!

Ask a Question