addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hard to count the fish I take a pic and do groups of 10, after tossing in food. Seems stable. The 1000 gallon pond is a good indicator. It went from around 25ish to 5. This year seeing fry.
You must be getting them as they come as we haven't heard too much about snakes getting caught lately. I know that little one drowned but other that that a big 0 at least in the last week or so! Do you still see a ton of fish swimming around and none missing? Those traps are working good! Yay!
I don't see them every day like we were, swimming in the pond, on the edge etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I saw a story on the internet the other day - Texas woman is out mowing her lawn and a 4 and a half foot long snake falls from the sky. Wraps itself around the woman's arm and starts snapping at her face - hard enough to break her glasses.

As she's clawing at the snake, swinging her arm, trying to get it to let go, the hawk that dropped the snake came back for it's dinner and starts attacking the snake that's not letting go of the woman's arm.

I don't care what the neighbors say - the grass doesn't need mowing anymore this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw a story on the internet the other day - Texas woman is out mowing her lawn and a 4 and a half foot long snake falls from the sky. Wraps itself around the woman's arm and starts snapping at her face - hard enough to break her glasses.

As she's clawing at the snake, swinging her arm, trying to get it to let go, the hawk that dropped the snake came back for it's dinner and starts attacking the snake that's not letting go of the woman's arm.

I don't care what the neighbors say - the grass doesn't need mowing anymore this year.
Nooooo that's exactly wh y you need to put the cutters down to an inch and make snake tenders.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I saw the video of the hawk attacking the Texan woman @Lisak1 ! The hawk was flying over the woman with the snake in its talons and dropped it. When the snake was dropped on the woman, he began to curl around her arm, the hawk still wanted his meal and attacked the woman's arms / face, while trying to get the snake.

In the end the hawk did get the snake and took off !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never understood why people are so phobic with snakes

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never understood why people are so phobic with snakes
I like snakes, don't care for spiders on this body.
Love seeing the neat spiders , taking great pictures, just don't crawl on me. Or let me walk into a web, brain freak out.

I used to catch snakes to scare the other kids, when I was a kid.

Ask a Question