Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
People do need to step back and think if i throw this wrapper out the window instead of recycling. Who see a bag blowing down the street not thinking it could end up in our water ways. People who while checking out who brought a bag of popcorn to the register asking for a bag!!!! do you really need a bag to carry a bag? do you really need a bag to carry two packs of gum. Do you really need a bag just to walk out to the car less then 50 feet away just to consume it in the car? There are islands the size of Texas floating in our oceans that are all TRASH plastics and other trash that floats that we haul out to the ocean to dump. and this practice is by our largest CITIES.. I do find it ironic that EVERY WATER WAY, STREAM , AND POND i have been to out in the wilds all seem to have one thing in common . And you will probably never guess what that is . EMPTY WATER BOTTLE so on the one hand people are thiking healthy all the while are the same twits who don't carry out what they carried in!
GreatPacificGarbagePatch.jpg
cleaningofthepacificgarbagepatch-900x675.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@bagsmom . sorry to hijack your post i do like your photo much better then mine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Then these ignorant people think the electricity to constantly charge them comes out of thin air. "Oh, I'll just plug into one of those charging stations while I shop at the local designer outlets".
Believe me, a few windmills and solar panels are no way going to keep up with the demand. People use their cars...a lot.
So, where does the electricity come from? Coal, natural gas, propane, nuclear. Very little from "renewables".
I saw a inventor about ten years ago who came up with one hell of a concept a car that runs on .... wait for it ....... AIR ........ he had taken mini vans and set up the bottom of the van . under the floor boards . with basically scuba tanks ripped out the motor the transmission. and made a pumpkin that received air pressure to turn the drive to turn the wheels . he stated he could get 60 miles out of a charge with a mini van and he hoped by 2020 that someone would come up with a compressor that could run off the charge from breaking just like hybrids. well last i knew most the country travels less than 50 miles to work every day. it must take more energy to re fill the tanks then it's reward or is it just another technology that big business bought and stuck in a basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, when I stated "your respect for nature is taught by your parents", I should have worded it differently. I didn't mean you personally. I meant society in general. When I said "your" I sincerely didn't mean you personally. I see how you might have taken it that way when I re-read it. I apologize for using the wrong words which may have been interpreted as directed at you. Sorry...
Don’t bother posting me again. I thought this forum did not do politics. I suggest the administration step in and put stop to this nonsense. I hope they are following these posts. All I want is to carry on with getting sensible comments from members about fish which I am Getting, apart from the named Above.
@bagsmom . sorry to hijack your post i do like your photo much better then mine.
thanks. Blue.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cool it off everybody, no politics, please. Don't attack each other here, not necessary. There are a lot of things wrong in this world, this forum is about our love of ponds. Please keep it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question