A fun picture you all might enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The caption below it said:
Due to the COVID 19 quarantine, the koi are returning to San Francisco Bay. :ROFLMAO:

93880116_3077441888974243_1110219260417802240_n.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are they going to swam the beaches

Reaction score
Country
United States
It really is a funny picture, but the truth is that we need to be more careful with nature. The events of the quarantine showed that we have too negative an impact on what surrounds us.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It really is a funny picture, but the truth is that we need to be more careful with nature. The events of the quarantine showed that we have too negative an impact on what surrounds us.

Was this a new realization @ALEX92BUR ? I don't think we need a pandemic to remind us to be mindful of how we impact our surroundings.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was this a new realization @ALEX92BUR ? I don't think we need a pandemic to remind us to be mindful of how we impact our surroundings.
You may be surprised, but it was something new for a lot of people. I don't think we need a pandemic, but we had it, and here is the result.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You may be surprised, but it was something new for a lot of people. I don't think we need a pandemic, but we had it, and here is the result.

WHAT is the result? I'm not sure what your point is. That we shouldn't fool around with viruses in labs? Agreed. But if you mean that the world is a better place when all the humans stay out of it then nope. That's a mindset that I don't buy into. And it's usually promoted by elites flying around the world in private jets "saving" the planet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I do agree that with folks not going out and playing tourist, going to the beach, the lake, etc, that we are seeing how much trash gets left around, and water quality improvement from folks mucking things up. However, if folks would just not litter, would be kind to each other, and to the world around them, by opting for eco friendly packaging, less waste, and pick up a mess / loose trash if you see it, we would see this trend of improvement continue rather than beaches going back to being trashed.
I think we need to tone down the aggression on political and covid issues. We all have our opinions, let’s not argue them here. As my mother says, opinions are like armpits, every one has one or two, and they all stink to someone else.
So, onto the topic of the above artwork. Lovely blend of what looks like a painting of koi with the image of the bridge superimposed over it. So glad koi don’t actually get that big, or none of us could keep them in our ponds!

Reaction score
Country
United States
@GBBUDD
I just listen to the cdc and all of the other well educated experts in there fields.
It would be like if some new member came on here and told us bogs don’t work with no evidence would you believed them or the people on this forum who have use bogs as filtration for years with great results

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have what i call new eyes . your coming into a point where your seeing for your self and evaluating what you see and hear. In todays world it's all about sensationalism what sells and the more they color the narrative the more they sell and lead you to think what will make them more powerful and more money. Some times experts push things too far . such is the case today. weather men don't say we going to have a snow storm . nope . it's a snowado a cyclone bomb . You undoubtedly know your way around the web look up Gain of function and see where that leads you and who the EXPERTS in that field are i think you'll be surprised to see you might know a few. Sometimes the best intentions back fire and from what i have seen and not from those who are the experts who have interest in the field but who dig for the facts. that use to be all the news but it is few and far between today. you see it every day the reporters give you there option not the facts they tell you how to think. you will see your class mates move on and become vocations you won't believe. the quietest girl in my class became a fortune 100 company she's loaded. the biggest trouble maker became a state cop. Some times the Experts are good at something all right but it maybe more at cutting through red tape more then it is a wizz in their field . i know many who are not people persons and i would follow any where while others who have all the paper in the world "degrees" on their wall i wouldn't follow to the beach

Reaction score
Country
United States
WHAT is the result? I'm not sure what your point is. That we shouldn't fool around with viruses in labs? Agreed. But if you mean that the world is a better place when all the humans stay out of it then nope. That's a mindset that I don't buy into. And it's usually promoted by elites flying around the world in private jets "saving" the planet.
I just wanted to say that we have to pay more attention to our nature, that's all. Thank you for your curiosity.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@GBBUDD
I just listen to the cdc and all of the other well educated experts in there fields.
It would be like if some new member came on here and told us bogs don’t work with no evidence would you believed them or the people on this forum who have use bogs as filtration for years with great results

I think you're suggesting the CDC has all the answers. I think that's a dangerous supposition. Those are government bureaucrats that you're putting your faith in, many who have political agendas of their own. I'd give you today's "one mask isn't working so now we decree that you should wear TWO" CDC advice as evidence, but I'll stay off that topic as it only stirs up controversy.

You can find plenty of pond "experts" who will tell you bogs don't work, to use your example, and people who will tell you that they have real life experience that proves they do. So how do you decide who to believe? You ask questions, you weigh the evidence, you hold it up to what you already know to be true, and then you decide. I'll take real life experience over the "experts" any day of the week.

Sorry @bagsmom - your funpicture set us all on a whole other path! I'll step off.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think you're suggesting the CDC has all the answers
Helllllllll no I'm talking to Nemo. The cdc of today has there head up their political dark spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question