A Sweet Goldfish Needs A Home

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi friends! I have a comet goldfish who is a little over three years old and about six inches long. She has a very docile temperament and has been a beloved pet of mine ever since a small boy left her with me during a vacation and never picked her up. ☹️

She's been living in a 40-gallon tank with a 100 gallon canister filter for quite a while now, but with a fish that size and a space that small it's very challenging to keep the water condition optimal. She doesn't have any companions or much to interact with, she spends most of her time swimming from one wall to the other wall which really doesn't seem fair to a living thing.

In recent years my cardiovascular health has unfortunately suddenly degraded and I am spending more and more time visiting the hospital and frequently needing bed rest. This makes it difficult for me to routinely keep up with aquarium maintenance/lift heavy water and equipment etc. It's been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make and it's taken me a long time to commit to it. I love this goldfish very much but more than anything I want her to have the happy and healthy life that she deserves. I'm sure she could have that with an experienced and knowledgeable pond owner that would have the space and the physical ability to care for her well.

If you want to love Cleo as much as I do and take good care of her and you live in the Colorado area please contact me! I'm happy to work out the details and bring her to you. Thank you very much for reading!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Sorry to hear about your health but great to read you have the compassion to try and find your comet a good home. Hope someone close sees this and takes you up on the offer.

Also hope for better health days ahead for you

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1563550185018.gif
@Perytiion Sorry for your issues and sure hoping you find a good home for your Cleo.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry to hear, best wishes with your health.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like you really care about Cleo. I hope you're able to find the perfect home for her soon.

In the mean time maybe you can get someone to come over and help you take care of the tank maintenance?

If I lived near you I would love to help you out. Good luck to you.

Ask a Question