Sweet PDZ

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I have the PDZ. I was thinking it would be in larger chunks. It is more of a sand and I do not know how I would put it in a pond filter. Can you really put it is a mesh bag?

For my small ryukins I put it in a throw away food container and set it in the bottom of their tub. I will know by tomorrow if this is effective. No filter.

2013-07-03 19.31.22.jpg

Takes 3 or 4 rinses to get the dust out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dollar store laundry bags doubled up panty hose also but they will break down faster
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:44907]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish it was sold every where in the pea size but been looking on line and seem they grind most of it up to fine stuff .I have even used the finch socks you put thistle in for birds .They have really fine laundry bags in the stores but they are not cheap so doubling up those ones from the dollar store do work and I dunk the bags in a bucket before i put them in the filters and in the pond so it clumps together it is like kitty litter .I did use a butter tub also with holes drilled in it in my waterfall area once it gets wet it does not float ,so i always soak it first because like kitty litter you can get a cloud of white but it is supposed to be a good buffer .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
PDZ is too fine to use the way i like but... i'm thinking a few bags of plain bentonite kitty litter, with PDZ mixed thru. to line the bottom of next years fry pond. and a few bundles of oxygenators seperated and "planted" in the mix. but i'm also thinking i'll be ordering this zeolite on ebay today.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LBS-Zeol...200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d400ff940
i seem to be missing a 2 gallon bucket full...oh well!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
doesn't say how fine it is koiguy .I do mix mine in the plant mixture .I checked online and it says you can buy it in rock size but does not say who sells it .If you could buy it in rock size i would add it in my filter with the lava rock .Seems stupid they say that but don't say where you can get it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did just find KMI zeolite products just now and they sell all sizes but not sure how much based out of Sandy Valley Nevada

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
5 lb sample 20 dollars 1/4 inch to half inch size it is the sample and comes in different sizes uses paypal

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hate to change the subject but has anyone ever bought off petstore.com .I found 2 fittings i have been looking for for months and could not find and they were cheap also and happened to look at there cheaper pumps and 33ft cord 2600 gph and runs on 135 watts and 3100 gph runs 175 watts .My neighbor is looking for a bigger pump but wants a cheaper price and this comes with a 3 year warranty .Says tornado pump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was looking at the size of the zeolite rocks as that is a bigger size .They show on the e bay sight a close up and guy said they are smaller than small pea size

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
petstore. com has double washers on there bulkhead fittings 2 inch is 7.30 I can not find the gator fittings and they have them .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its the same size i use now...like rough pea gravel, not peas.. i already have some. beeen using it for years. i usually fill a container with a small pump 'pulling' the water thru it. a piece of blue furnace filter and a piece egg crate foam cut to snuggly fit the container before the zeolite. so clean water flows thru the zeolite. but this year i have a small bio setup in my fry pond skimmer and the water flows thru the zeolite container going back into pond.... i just need to replace my missing zeolite.
i have already placed my order...20lbs. should have went for the 50lbs, but will get that before the kids come in for the winter.

Ask a Question