Addicted to Koi's/Ponds

Reaction score
Thanx for correcting me Calvin yes your going to need a UV-C and a skimmer though you dont have one yourself at the moment I trongly suggest you do.
As to reading books have comeback where as anything said on the internet doesnt , I've often read things online that I've found to be totally untrue and wide of the mark besides th more books you add to your library the more you can create a referance library.
A koi keeper on another British website whom I bought a book from lately stated that Val and I must have the largest library on koi/ koi/fish Health/ fish behavour/fish pathology in private hands in the UK , as to if that is true I dont know but I'd like to find out :LOL:
Yes information grows old and new things are found out but hey we have a book by the Parctical Fishkeeping people from way back and to say information is either scant or wrong is an understaement but ay back then koi keeping was a young hobby , all that has been written has been found out since then but books are constant or are we just an old fashioned pair :confused:
Either way your doing yourself a favour by buying one or two books and if like us you get the habitof buying them studying them etc then 27 years down the line you'll be saying this to another newbie :LOL:

Dave
I will definitely purchase a few books! I need more research and experience!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Did just the flower stem snap off? Cuz if the tuber still has little buds coming off it you will get more so no reason to be sad :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Calvin, good luck with your new pond and welcome to gpf. You can learn a lot by reading old threads. It's probably better than most books!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I will definitely purchase a few books! I need more research and experience!
We are above ground with our pond as well Calvin our skimmer is a simple affair in that its the old intake pipe from is layout as a QT pond we have a ball valve and when we need to skim we just open it
They serve a dual purpose skimmers not only do they remove dead leaves they also remove any surface scum that may come from your koi food especially if its high in protiens etc so you see they are necessary

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome Calvin! I have family in Katy :) Will be down in your area to watch my little brothers opening football game with Houston Baptist! Go Huskies!!!!

Ask a Question