New pond and addicted already

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just built a pond in garden without much knowledge.
Have a 2.5 x 2.5 x 1m base pond with a raised level with 2 waterfall features.
I have installed a Hozelock Bioforce 4500 that filters into a waterfall with a box filter. The water is crystal clear at the moment. There are a few margin plants and 5 mini Koi's at the moment. The T.V. is now a thing of the past. Just love the pond. No doubt I will be requiring help from season pros in the near future.
Jimmy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
To our group!

Be slow about adding fish, you pond will need to cycle, get the good bacteria growing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we love to help and I am sure not a pro but love my pond and the hours of relaxation by it .So welcome to our group . :cheerful: glad you joined /

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard and would love to see pics. Better start planning for your next pond. those mini koi won't stay mini long. that's just about the right size pond to grow 5 baby koi up in for the next two years, then, well as you will hear very often, bigger is better, especially when raising Koi.

Ask a Question