Adding another skimmer box, need input

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
So after a great year with the pond it was time to make some changes. I knew that after I built the bog I was going to take out my skippy filter in the fall. When I took out the skippy I was able to move my waterfall over and make it wider. Since I moved to to the center of the pond now it left a dead zone on the south end of my pond. I can't move the skimmer box since its thru the liner. I just figured that I would add another skimmer box and run my bog from that pump. During the spring we get hammered with those helicopters from the maple trees and in the fall we get all the leaves from the trees. I figured another skimmer box cant hurt. I can't seem to find my current skimmer box online anywhere. It's a off brand savio style skim box that I got new off of Craigslist for $25. I really like it but only thing that is on the lid is Aqua concepts. So what would you recommend for a thru the liner skimmer box???

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be lots of opinions on this subject. For a box filter, we are already running a Laguna Filter Falls 5000 (w/8000 gph pump)... was planning on going with the Laguna 5000 for skimmers next year on the bigger pond. Can put whatever you want in them, and super easy to clean.

Ask a Question