Thinking about adding LED rope lighting INSIDE the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Before I invest the money doing this idea of placing rope lighting around the walls of my pond, Has anyone done this? This would be tucked into the rocks from the bottom up to the top. If so what color? What is your perspective on doing this?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did it one year. Didn't look like I expected it as I have no rocks on the pond bottom. The problem with any lights in the pond is algae builds up fast. The lights were covered in a couple of weeks. Just be careful if you are using lights that you plug in that the connectors are away from the water. Solar would be safer. Mine were white.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think they have a warning on them about the temperature they can withstand .They may freeze and break .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We plan on using rope lighting under the caps of our pond, if we don't find anything better.
I'm in MI too and I've seen people here use rope lighting on Christmas displays so I'm thinking the cold shouldn't be an issue.
Would love to see how it turns out!:)

Ask a Question