water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
talal101 said:
Oh thank you addy I have not thought about that I think you are right I might have to make it shallower

Just speaking from personnel experience.
There are ones that have seamed liner, but for me safe rather than sorry. And if shallower you can catch the leak easier (if it leaks)

Reaction score
Yeah that is true I would rather feel safe rather then be sorry because of one tiny little mistake and a leak can kill all the fish if it is cause in the right spot right

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And they are such a pain, leaks are. My pond there is 14000 gallons, deepest 5.5 feet, had to drain the sucker pull the stream bed liner up, cutting all the sealant. Even called the manufacturer and they nicely explained water pressure to us, lol. Now if we could have heat sealed it the seam would have done well, but by now the pond is lined, the liner creased, to do a good seam you need flat clean. So we took the seam up as high as we could and had no issue after that, started sealing it at the highest point about a foot into the pond and continued to seal down about 2 feet into the pond. Trying to remember, built it 8 yrs ago lol.

Reaction score
I never thought about heat sealing it before but now that does sound interesting but considering this is my first time doing something like this, I will have to stick to simple sealant glue

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you will do fine, Get some seam tape also. I have some extra, how long of a piece would you need? I might have enough to send you some.

Reaction score
Why thank you addy but at the moment I have no clue how much I will be needing because I still have not started the project yet and I will not be able too for a couple more months unfortunately we still have 3-6 foot high snow so I have to wait a while if you do not mind I can tell you when I find out in a couple months...how would we be able to mail it here?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I think they allow mail between usa and canada, laughing. It would not be heavy. Just keep in mind, it is just sitting on a shelf right now, no hurry. I will measure it to let you know what I have to see if it will work............that is if this brain remembers in the am lol!

Reaction score
hahah lol i meant how would i pay for the shipping, do they have pay at the door shipping services{sorry have never mailed anything or ordered anything in the mail from a person not a company lol} and thank you that would be great, find out for me when you can and i will be sure to ask you about it later on when i need it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unless it would break my bank, don't worry about shipping. But I do have paypal which works great.

Reaction score
oh ok then thank you so much addy, when the time comes i will ask you about the seam tape and we can find out how much it will cost to ship

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry yes back on page 1 I did not see it until now and is a pretty stream

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the way it winds along the walkway and the black mulch really makes it stand out .I got the rubber mulch

Reaction score
hahhah that is fine, i forgot they had a picture of their stream on the first page too sorry i was just confused for a second there but i do agree their stream is very cool

Ask a Question