• PA280377.JPG
    PA280377.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I note you have heaters in the tank are they on , what temperature did you bring the fish in at and did you match temperatures transfering them from pond to tank ?

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The heater is just in there and not on..(it came with the tank so my son put it in there).I brought in their water from the pond so as not to shock them. They are active as all get out in there though and not quietly just hanging out under the lillies like they were in the pond before I brought em in. Last year the two I had (and 3 others who dissappeared this spring/summer before I got the new guys) just hung out in a large rubbermaid tub with the bubbler (no heater just warm on the porch) and they did fine. Since I have more bigger fish this year I figured they could hang out on the porch in a tank (ok so I wanted to see them too). It's been yearsss since I've had a tank. Actually thinking next year I might make their pond bigger, but HATE the leaves and junk that fall in it...and I have a netting over my pond to keep others from thinking my fish are their prey (neighborhood cats, heck neighbors for that matter).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your fish kids look all nice and cozied up in their winter abode while mine are out there all winter w/ their teeth chattering
halogost.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I brought in my deck pond shubunkins, they don't get heated water. It sits around 72-75. I had a heater, twice, quit working i.e. on and off control, stayed on and cooked my fish (ciclids in arizona) So I would rather not use a heater. They have it better than the pond fish..........burr water dropped to 46 with the storm. It was 63 right before sandy hit.

Nice looking inside fish you have there! They will be nice and toasty for the winter.

Ask a Question