Aeration for 100 gallon goldfish rubbermaid trough

Reaction score
Anyone have ideas on adding aeration? I only worry about it during the hottest months.

Here are some solar powered products which may be easier for me given the location of the trough:

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/home/tpo/smartlist_245

I have two comet goldfish (both just over 1 year old).

This year we've gotten great rain - not too much, not too little. Typically, I have a great deal of evaporation and cannot easily refill because of a whole house water softener system.

Thanks!

Reaction score
No.

The rubbermaid trough has been used for many, many years outside. Before the fish, I'm sure it was a great place for the toads/frogs to lay their eggs. The trough has 8 or so large slabs of natural stone. Birds drink from it and when the water isn't too high, they bathe in it. It used to be the filter for a much larger pond system but we kept getting leaks and tore that all down.

Last year I had a little pump to keep things moving during the drought.

Thank you, again!

Reaction score
Any suggestions to add some aeration during the warmest periods when we have 3 weeks with no rain.

Ask a Question