Always have a backup....plan, equipment, etc.!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I spent the last week camping with our Boy Scout troop -- and no, this post isn't about Boy Scouts, but it is about the Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared."

Fortunately I only live about a 20-30 minute drive from our camping reservation, so it's possible for me to run home if I've forgotten something or just need to pick up something extra. First evening, I did just that.....and noticed that the main pump to my Skippy wasn't running. Hubby was there to keep an eye on things, and I've taught him the basic trouble-shooting, but this time the pump was GONE to pump heaven -- Hubby would never have known what comes next in this case and I wouldn't have expected him to. I have a backup pump, but the fittings aren't the same size. So a quick trip to Home Depot later, I had everything up & running. Happy ending!

The next afternoon I went back home to collect some tadpoles for the camp's NATURE area....but that's another story! @Big Lou, since you've followed the saga on Face Book, would you say I'm jinxed? :confused: LOL!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
so do I and as to being jinxed Maggie no way :happy:

Dave
Ah, Dave! What you don't know is that on a 2nd visit home, our A/C died AND while I was still at home, the entire camp lost power due to a storm. Then when camp was over and I came home, the A/C died again [there's a story there, too]. My fellow Scouters told me not to go home any more, LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Pray tell this story Maggie sounds slightly hectic to Val and I :LOL:;)

Dave

Ask a Question