Another Green water problem.

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
CW, what I used came in a bottle, made by Tetra. 16 oz were suppose to treat 2500 gallons, and yes it's a fish safe color additive to help reduce the amount of UV rays that reach the water,
A dye/colored UV blocker sounds like a much better option than those miracles in a bottle. Can you imagine what your pond would look like if you used the amount you were supposed to???

fishin4cars said:
you can still only see the fish in the first 12-18" of water depth. But up near the surface I can see the fish well enough now to see anything alarming if a sore, cut, scrap, etc appear. That's was my biggest concern. I really didn't mind the green water tint as I know algae can be beneficial. but not being able to tell if there was a problem with a fish was getting disturbing.
I agree 100% ... My clariity of the first 12-18" of water is clearer than yours, but after that, the pond looks like a black hole LOL.

fishin4cars said:
I'm also in the same boat, It's not like I don't know what to do to fix the problem, It just takes money and time to get it all done.
Hubby is sooo busy, I keep looking at the phone and willing it NOT to ring LOL. I had to go get a filter for him this morning, bought two ... I am claimiing ownership of the second pump ... it is mine!!! Now if I can just figure out where his supplies are, I'll drop the dang thing to the bottom of the pond myself LOL. Im sure to be scolded when he gets home hehehe ... I got the pump, but also bought more plants too;-)

fishin4cars said:
Plus it takes physically getting out and doing it. I've been in and out of the emergency room two times in the past week. I'm having HORRIBLE muscle spasms down my neck shoulder and right arm (which as you would know I'm right handed) It has my arm so sore and weak I can't lift a soda can up to my mouth. I had a MRI and X-ray done yesterday and waiting to hear from the neurologist. I know it's probably something to do with my neck injury from back in 2007 but I tell you it hurts worse than when I actually broke it now.
Hope you are feeling better soon. Did they give you anything that actually helps? Hubby has issues with spasms in his lower back. Doctors give him Flexirels (sp?) but he says they are useless. He is anti pill anyways, and it has to be really bad to even attempt to take a pill. He tried asking the doc for something else, and then they want to give him narcotics. Sure, that helps. He wont take a muscle relaxant, do you think he'll take a pain med?

fishin4cars said:
Long story short, even when I have time I can't go out and get hot or I start having these severe spasms,
I wish I could throw out some ideas that would help.

fishin4cars said:
so I finally broke down and just ordered a complete system that will be basically plug and go.
Which all comes back to the money end:-(

Ask a Question