Another new one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi! I'm a new ponder from NW Arkansas. I've been "stalking" the forums for a while and finally got enough courage to introduce myself. I have a really small preformed pond that my husband bought for me last year along with a very small koi that made it through the winter. I just recently purchased another small koi so my koi, Whiskers could have a friend. The new kois name is Tiggy. I know in time I will have to rehome them or build bigger. If I do rehome thank goodness I have a brother Inlaw that is willing to adopt them. Until then I'm going to watch them play, and grow. I'm up for any and all suggestions on my little pond. I'm here to learn and hopefully feel confident enough to expand my pond to something that I can have more than two little kois!
The picture is of Tiggy (left) Whiskers (right). Not a very good picture but I will try to get better pictures as I go. Thank you for letting be a part of such an informative group!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 200

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and yep you are going to need to go bigger but I bet you will do that instead of getting rid of them .Once the bug bites and you get the fish it does not stop .I started with a preformed but only because we were still working on the house .Koi are very social and you can teach them to eat from your hands and they will love all the extra attention .They do destroy plants though

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Those are beautiful fish! Nothing wrong with a small pond, just limits what you can put it it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Im starting out small to learn and to make sure ponding is something I'm going to enjoy and love before putting time and money into it. Also I don't want to get a lot of fish to have to rehome. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Thank you for the welcoming replys! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your fish have names - you've been bit! Congratulations and welcome to the pond life... and the forum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome :) Our house had a small pond when we bought it. It was a great learning experience and as my knowledge and interest grew, we built a larger pond. I have to admit, there are days, I long for the small original pond - LOL :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome :) Our house had a small pond when we bought it. It was a great learning experience and as my knowledge and interest grew, we built a larger pond. I have to admit, there are days, I long for the small original pond - LOL :)
Hi Tula! That's why I want to start small for a while and go from there. I don't want to go big and then find out it's more work or exspence than I can handle.

Ask a Question