Any new plans for pond renevations this spring?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
new filter tank and redoing waterfall .May even raise the sides of the pond by another retaining wall block since I still have plenty of liner around all the sides .Going to put in an oval tank so it can hold more plants and make the stream under it a holding area for more plants .Going to put my lighthouse out there also .Not going bigger as I don't have the time for my pond like i used too .Clean out the filters and clean the lava rock and soak it them in peroxide .Thats it I hope

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Possibly... I have been thinking and planning for a while. Hopefully, I will have my official plans drawn before summer gets here.

Spring decided to start early in my area. So, only got about a hour each day to do pond stuff. Driving tractor right now while posting this, which is a little difficult ;)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, and turning my SKIPPY into a QT. Might partially bury it for more landscape appeal [and to keep it better insulated]. Also, really do need to get an electrician out and have some GFCI circuits installed......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
No big plans for me this year for the first time :)
I am thinking about getting some plastic net baskets and putting my bare root plants in them with some river rock so the are easy to move when I need to. I am thinking some sort of plastic office organizer baskets might work.
That's it for my efforts with the pond this year. But... I am excited to have a new driveway and a patio poured this spring :) We are going to sell the house in the next year and our 60+ yo old driveway and back porch have made it through their last winter. The back porch is falling off the house at this point LOL and the former concrete driveway is now gravel. Since it is the first thing a potential buyer might see I figured we should get er done. And while we are at it I am going to have a patio in the back yard poured, since right now it is mud and in the summer it is dirt.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
crsublette said:
Possibly... I have been thinking and planning for a while. Hopefully, I will have my official plans drawn before summer gets here.

Spring decided to start early in my area. So, only got about a hour each day to do pond stuff. Driving tractor right now while posting this, which is a little difficult ;)
bad bad no texting and tractoring

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy the cheap ones at walmart for my prefilters bat quilting holders at walmart a 1.99 after all the kids go back to school they were left and put on final sale .There were about 4 different sizes of them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here is the patio plans. The brown is flower beds, the green, grass and the grey will be concrete. Hopefully colored or acid stained.
This is what the patio looks like last summer, just dirt which is fine when it is dry but in winter and spring it gets quite messy. each grid square is 1 square foot.
DSCN2824.jpg

DSCN3427_zpsffd8f805.jpg

Ask a Question