Any tricks for planting impatiens as a marginal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Going to give them a try here once it warms a bit more....like bagsmom stated I almost always pinch my annuals while planting. It sometimes is hard to pinch those flowers but they usually take root so much better since they are not spending that energy in a bloom.

It has been nice to see all the green around the pond but am ready for some pretty color.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
OK so I’ve read everybody’s accounts of impatience in their water gardens. I went and I got some pink ones today, I put one in a little strainer type pot and filled it up with pea gravel after rinsing some of the soil off the roots then I put the plant into it and plopped it in the pond but not too deep, Just the roots I’m hoping it takes. This is a test please sand by. Lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I grow them every year on the edges of the waterfall. I wash all the soil off and put a small rock on the roots to hold the plant in place.

The roots are in water all the time and by the end of the summer, they have grown completely over the top of the waterfall, obscuring that part of the falls.

I also save seeds from them to start the next year. Very easy to grow.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome, @Jag falls. This is my old thread from several years ago. I don’t have them in my temp. pond. Let us know how yours do. Please go to our “introductions” topic and tell us a little about your pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1652220648612.gif
@Jag falls

Ask a Question