anyone need a laugh?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Hello everyone. Things here have been very, very hectic. The actual reality of losing her 17 year job hit Cathy hard. Her emotionals finally poured out. Both of our children joined me as we enveloped Cathy with our love and support. I was so impressed how our family immediately came together. All of this enabled my dear wife to cleanse her soul of the heart break. That cleansing was like the fresh air after a wonderful spring rain. Cathy was then ready to work out the remaining month of her job and prepare for the unknown future. Suddenly, a perfect job opening was discovered right here in our city, less than 10 minutes from our home. Then the next challenge hit us. The extensive on-line application had to be submitted by 11:59 PM last night. Man, times have changed! No resume required since the on-line application was even more thorough. At times we doubted the three page application could be all input yet at about 7:30 last night the submit command was clicked immediately followed bcore dips conformation. To Cathy, me, Bonnie and Sean just overcoming these first tasks is a tremendous victory. Cathy getting that particular job will be great yet if not she has faced and overcome the first big hurtle. The Lord is so good to us! :)

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Lou, with the thread you posted this on you started to freak me out a second there.

I almost thought you were going to say the reality of Cathy losing her job had caused some disturbance in her mental state, at which point she focused her attention on moving those dang deer crossing signs and started calling radio stations!

Good luck with the job.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A funny dream.

For Halloween I put myself in a giant pumpkin with only my ankles and green shoes exposed. As I walked up the hill on Ashbrook Street a group of rowdy kids ambushed me. The bad lot of nar-do-wells turned me on my side then rolled me to the top of the hill while other boys setup a ramp at the hills bottom. On the count of three they sent the giant pumpkin with me inside rolling down the steep hill. Faster and faster I rolled. Upon reaching the ramp my orange pumpkin self was launched high into the air, over a house, landing in the very top of a tree! Some sight I must have been as those boys howled in delight. Happy Halloween indeed!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha Lou I think you had too much egg nog the night before and that would be a funny sight to see! Didn't something like that happen to the little girl in To Kill a Mockingbird when out on Halloween? Oh guess she just got knocked down and she was a ham not a pumpkin. Gee I loved that movie! They don't make good old movies like they used to :sad:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
J.W., I've never seen that movie because I was ashamed of its subject matter.

True story - Living in a country hamlet of about 300 souls everybody knows everybody. On one Halloween three of us geniuses decided to go TP our grammar school principal's house. As we where bombarding her big southern home the kind lady appeared at her front door and shouted "Louis, Joe and Tony stop what you are doing and get busy cleaning up this mess.". In unison we replied "Yes Mrs. Knight." then proceeded to clean up her yard. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Did you read the book Lou? Just wondering what you based your not wanting to watch it on? I think if you haven't read the book or seen the movie you should check it out and judge it for yourself but that's just me. Even if things were the way they were back then I find that things like racism and inequality should not be hidden away and forgotten. I found it to be very good. But to each's own.
Taken from Wikipedia:
The plot and characters are loosely based on the author's observations of her family and neighbors, as well as on an event that occurred near her hometown in 1936, when she was 10 years old.
The novel is renowned for its warmth and humor, despite dealing with the serious issues of rape and racial inequality. The narrator's father, Atticus Finch, has served as a moral hero for many readers and as a model of integrity for lawyers. One critic explains the novel's impact by writing, "In the twentieth century, To Kill a Mockingbird is probably the most widely read book dealing with race in America, and its protagonist, Atticus Finch, the most enduring fictional image of racial heroism."
As a Southern Gothic novel and a Bildungsroman, the primary themes of To Kill a Mockingbird involve racial injustice and the destruction of innocence. Scholars have noted that Lee also addresses issues of class, courage, compassion, and gender roles in the American Deep South. The book is widely taught in schools in English-speaking countries with lessons that emphasize tolerance and decry prejudice.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was listening to the local radio station this morning and it seems that someone has been tying GET WELL balloons to the dead deer along the local highways! Brings new meaning to balloon animals! Is this funny, sick or is somebody just REALLY BORED? Maybe they are trying to help the highway department get these cleaned up by marking them. Haven't seen one yet but there were supposedily 5 in the area.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poor deer, I think more get killed by cars then hunters. Esp this time of year the hunters are out shooting at them. Hear shots going off all of the time around here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful creatures and I love seeing them around here. MaMa and baby crossed the road in front of me just yesterday while on my walk. Hate to see them laying dead by the side of the road. Not funny to me putting balloons on them but don't know why someone would do that? Maybe they had a good reason,who knows?

Ask a Question