Anyone using VOLT submersible lights?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Starting to look at lighting options for my build. Aquascape seems to be touted as the best, but I'm honestly unimpressed at what you get for the price. Plastic fixtures and integrated bulbs.

Been searching around and found a big array of options from VOLT. Here's their line of submersibles.

Looks to be high quality stuff. Forged brass. Replaceable and customizable bulbs. Optional glare guards. All kinds of customizations. Reviews seem very favorable. Lifetime warranty. And about 1/2 the price of Aquascape's comparable lights. What's not to like?

Only thing I noticed is that a few of the fixtures are only rated for immersion up to 18". So you'd have to watch out for that if you want deeper. But most of them are IP68, which is rated for full-time submersion up to 13'.

What's not to like? Anyone have them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have three of these in my pond for 6 years…. They burn 4 hours a day year round. They are a little pricey but they are well built and have had zero problem with them

Attachments

• D28591DE-4546-4BDD-9FAD-D6EDBF10161A.png
    D28591DE-4546-4BDD-9FAD-D6EDBF10161A.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Jimmy Gibson: Nice! Great to hear real-world experience here on GPF. They're pricey compared to the budget brand and no-name brand stuff on Amazon, but they're a steal compared to Aquascape's line of lights and seem to be better built, too.

Did they have like 20 different models when you bought yours 6 years ago? I was looking at the same model as yours, but they have lots of different ones too and they don't do a great job differentiating between them.

Also, do you know if the swivel stands can be removed without compromising water tightness? I assume they can.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have all kinds of different ones….. yes you can take the base off, but I choose this one because I could weigh the light down with a rock and the Koi wouldn’t knock them over

Attachments

• F3CA9E8A-7B7C-44D6-B564-93057720424A.jpeg
    F3CA9E8A-7B7C-44D6-B564-93057720424A.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks. Light looks nice. Do you know what wattage/lumens you're running in those? I want to light the deep end of my pond that is a bit narrow and long (about 4' by 20') with a light at either end. Hoping that a 5 watt bulb in each will be enough to overlap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don’t remember what the wattage of MR-16 bulb that I used….. but you can get them anywhere from 2 watt to 16 watt…. Knowing me I probably went for the brightest…. LoL

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use Volt lighting throughout my backyard and courtyard, plus one underwater light in my pond. I like the weight, once placed it stays. No issues at all and their customer support is excellent. They can help you design a light for your needs starting with the light fixture, the bulb, and in some versions a colored filter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I use Volt lighting throughout my backyard and courtyard, plus one underwater light in my pond. I like the weight, once placed it stays. No issues at all and their customer support is excellent. They can help you design a light for your needs starting with the light fixture, the bulb, and in some versions a colored filter.

Thank you! I ended up buying 4 of their submersible fixtures with 3 watt bulbs. Looking forward to testing them out. They are indeed hefty and seem very well made.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! I ended up buying 4 of their submersible fixtures with 3 watt bulbs. Looking forward to testing them out. They are indeed hefty and seem very well made.
Off the subject, but your screen name "Combat Wombat" was the actual name of one of my favorite motorcycles way back in the day. It was an off road 2-stroke bike made by Hodaka that was a hot brand with motocrossers and trail riders in the 70s'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It was an off road 2-stroke bike made by Hodaka that was a hot brand with motocrossers and trail riders in the 70s'

I know! I never had one. Ha. I just thought it was a funny name when I was about 13 and it's been my screen name ever since. I do have a 125cc scooter, though. Trying to talk @GBBUDD into doing a cross country pond tour with me on his Harley.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol ,I think my front tire might be bigger than the scooter. Ok maybe not bigger but I bet it's 50% at 26 inches just for the rubber. What a pair we would make . But it would be short lived I am not that patient to drive everywhere at 35 mph
20210531_133101.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ever hear the song from Sammy Hager I can't drive 55. Your probably to young to remember when the speed limits dropped to 55 to save Gas. Well that song however still holds on the highway I can't drive fifty five.... but I guess I could chill and we could roll. Getting out on two wheels of any kind in the open air is so enjoyable . Only those who have rode can understand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh I know the song well. My favorite part of riding the scooter around is giving the biker salute to all the burly, tatted up bikers around here riding giant hogs. They all hesitate like, "What's this clown doing?" but they always salute back!

Ask a Question