approx 900g pond build in RI (pics of course)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice redo, your new waterfall looks great.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The new setup looks so nice............I'm always searching for flat rocks...........only round ones grow around here! Too frugal to buy some.........it's expensive!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
The new setup looks so nice............I'm always searching for flat rocks...........only round ones grow around here! Too frugal to buy some.........it's expensive!
it is true a pallet of penn thin cost me about 300 bucks....for rocks...that should be free

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You ship me some round ones and I will ship you some flat ones. All we have around here are flat ones. :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish that we could do that tmann...................do you have free shipping? I don't :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
We had the same deal with the field stone in ri too it is round and since I had lined all the mulched area with local stuff I made sure to add some round in the pond to tie it in better with all the landscaping. I got the round for free from local construction sites

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea Cilyjr on asking construction sites for rocks. Never thought of that. They are building houses near here and I'll have to see what I can come up with. Done building my pond but I never tire of adding them here and there to my landscaped areas. Might get lucky and find some flatties!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The last two weeks I have hauled three half truckloads to my backyard. I get them where they are building new houses, take my pick ax and walk the area scouring it for rocks. It gets darn tiring too, pick them up off the ground, load into the truck, unload them into wheel barrow, then place them. I feel sorry for the person who ever buys our house and does not like rocks, it will cost them a fortune to have someone come in and remove them all.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe only allow people to look at your house if you ever sell that likes rocks.........nobody else allowed! Would be a shame for someone to come in and take out all your hard work. Hey wait why don't you just take them all w/ you if you move. I mean what's a little back breaking work anyways :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing jw, I would have loved to bring my rocks from az, had some beautiful boulders, some of the red rocks from sedona canyon. Brought what I could but didn't have a flat bed to haul rocks with.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sedona rocks are definitely pretty. Have visited their and wandered up and down the neat places to see. Left some of my finger nails under a big rock way up high, just for the heck of it. Wanted a piece of me to be there for ever or as long as a fingernail exists anyways.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
wow this turned pretty funny...

taherrmann...having nicely landsacped rocks is much better then digging them up while trying to build a fence for sure...

jw... i always go and find the foreman of a construction site as the usually want to get rid of the stone and that cost them money so what you take is a bonus to them

addy i spent some years south of sedona in tolleson then glendale az...

Ask a Question