corgi

Wood Ducks - Returned on 3-28

The Look Of Love
is2AchAh.jpg

2ZkMeFQh.jpg

Hoodie
GYM5YpRh.jpg

hPe2giHh.jpg

April Fool's day. It was gone the next day as we had 50+ degree weather with an inch of rain the following day.
0fz3Ebmh.jpg

heEcHwmh.jpg

Woodie
WArzU9Mh.jpg

etJ4c6vh.jpg

Eagles
cVC9W8dh.jpg

Fishing from shore. Anglers are a patient lot.

5PuFPY7h.jpg

A0KxsG8h.jpg

Jz1gP8Oh.jpg

f0t3Q1bh.jpg

Timing and stealth is everything.
ezTaEoYh.jpg

Success
JpBUD6Jh.jpg

j1biz1ph.jpg

R23jR4Fh.jpg

Last year about the same time, we had the rare pleasure of seeing both of them.

lBoousSh.jpg

We've recently been trying to befriend our pair of Ravens.
They are year round residents. We just started leaving some grapes
and a shiny bauble of cheap but shiny costume jewelry. Why?
Because once you make friends with a Raven, your a friend
forevermore.

og67wzuh.jpg

Shot from inside about 120 yards away. Not one of my best pics by
a long shot.
3HmEdCIh.jpg

They are extremely smart birds and can mimic human voices, some
say better than a parrot.

nlVC7xNh.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/belleswell%2Fceltic-runes

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wonderful shots! We are watching an Eagle pair on youtube live vids now. Nothing much happening now tho as the eggs they laid were not viable and the Ravens came and had a free dinner on them. Now they figure it is too late in the year for them to lay more eggs. Better luck next year!

They still do come to the nest and sort out sticks which is fun to watch. That instinct will leave soon tho as they come to realize it is a no go for this year. Would be a real surprise tho if they laid more eggs!

This was several days ago:

C

corgi

I was watching the same live feed of the Big Bear nest, as well as a few others . Decorah live cam, PA US Steel live cam, and
SW Florda, Dick Pritchert Realator's property live cam. All of these can be addicting. The SW Florida nest was sad when the female
left and never returned. She left dad with two eaglets to defend the nest and feed the young. Nature can be brutal at times.
As well, some people are often as problematic as weather and predators.

Defending the nest against predators and feeding the young, which means time away from the nest, is a hard enough task for a pair of successful Eagles, let alone one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I cannot make out what the eagle caught in its tallon...I so enjoy your pics...makes me miss the North Country soooo much!

C

corgi

I cannot make out what the eagle caught in its tallon...I so enjoy your pics...makes me miss the North Country soooo much!

A hybrid bluegill. He snatched it with his talon and then jumped back to shore pinning it to the ground. It only took a few
minutes to devour. Usually they do clean up on a few dead ones from winter after the ice goes, but they know how to
stalk them as well. I did not see any dead ones this spring which is good. So cool to see this. He was about 50 yards away and I was inside shooting through 2 panes of glass on an insulated window, except for the first pic in the series where he was about 120 yards away. I was using a Canon P&S SX60 on a tripod with a shutter release.

Usually we only see them in the spring for a short time and then their onto stalking bigger prey. Rabbits and squirrels.
Last year, we watched one get a squirrel and fly off toward their nest about a mile away.

Here is a pic from last year where he has a dead one he got when the ice left.
H3mXZTwh.jpg

5AHmAgCh.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Great Pictures !!
Thanks for sharing your privilege of living in such a nice environment and your impressive photography skills, so real
A breeze of frish air ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just saw this little guy out for. His first day on this big blue marble. Couldn't be more than a few hours old. Mom trampled him several times panicking . I tried best I could to back away poor little guy.

Attachments

• 20230531_073721.jpg
    20230531_073721.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 12
C

corgi

Great shot GB. We also witnessed another doe giving birth on the back side of our pond a couple days ago. I started a thread because
I was able to take pics for about a half hour. So cool to see. This latest one is the second one we've seen. The first was 6 years ago
when we watched a doe giving birth to a set of twins while her twins from the prior year were also watching. I believe I posted pics of
that first time a couple years ago here. The thread I just started allowed me to take pics for about a half hour. We were blessed to
witness it.

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Just saw this little guy out for. His first day on this big blue marble. Couldn't be more than a few hours old. Mom trampled him several times panicking . I tried best I could to back away poor little guy.
Super shot! A wonder of mother nature...and the other mother looks so young 👍

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had to bail work was calling and damn it has to be a first time mom. I have seen many does and the fawns and none acted like this one. Like I said mom plowed over the fawn. So I backed away gave them a minute to go to the woods.

Ask a Question