Are these test results ok?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
are you using city water to clean the filters and cleaning them to where they look brand new ?

i would start rotating clean one every other week or more or less depending on the condition AND USE POND WATER in a bucket to RINSE THE FILTERS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They both are cleaned by pumping a lever up and down which squeezes the filter pads and the waste goes into my garden.
How many fish could a 750 gal take.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The canister filters are rated for a pond with no fish! Adding a small amount of fish cuts performance by almost half. Add koi and you have a big problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
One big Sicce 40L is rated for 5300 Gal.One small filter is rated for 1500 Gal.The UV Light is 13W
All for a 7500 Gal pond
Based on this how many fish s\will accommodate ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How often do you clean the filters?

I asked before, but I'll ask again. What kind of fish do you have, not what size?

7500 or 750 gallons? You have stated both sizes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This website, link below, has a lot of information about fish waste and filters. The answer to your question is, it depends…. For 750 gal. With good filtration and fully cycled, I would say one koi or 20 goldfish, but that’s just a guess. I have had 10 happy adult goldfish in 300 gal. for five years. They are 6-8 “ long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your should be cleaning the filters every week. And clean them until clear water runs out.

This could be your problem. Your filters need to be clean in order to do their job.

What type of fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you for answering my question.

From my understanding, goldfish in a pond need 50 gallons each. By that standard, you have enough water for 15 goldfish. Since yours are so small, you might be able to get away with having that many for now, especially if you can get your filtration running as it should. But at some point you will need a bigger pond for them.

It would be best if you could reduce the number now. Can you return some of them to where you got them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No one will take them. I will upgrade the filtration.
BTW: Should i run the filters in the winter Zone 8

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You should have more than enough filtration as it is. Clean them more frequently and see if that will get the water parameters in good shape. If not, you may need more or a different type to get the job done.

If the pipes and filters won't freeze where you are, I would keep them running all year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I clean the filters every 2 months. And the pond is 750 gal
I have backwashed my filter every 7 or 10 days for the last 13 years and that works out pretty well. Your filter loses its effectiveness when it gets clogged up. You would have to have a filter for 20,000 gallons to wait 2 months to clean it for your size pond.

Ask a Question