addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't really see what the guy will find unless he just wants leverage to lower the price of the house .But to me he is just wasting his time and money and your time also
We will not drop the price, will not fix anything. He says if he finds a bad problem he is gone, not sure what they could find.
The pool needs work, New plaster, anybody with eyes can see that.
That will cost 15k or so. Deep diving pool.
Even the appraiser said this 33yr old house looked around 20 yrs old

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can't really see what the guy will find unless he just wants leverage to lower the price of the house .But to me he is just wasting his time and money and your time also
Maybe he's checking for evidence of an alien landing.....or gold.....or something that would make it more valuable for him in the long run. ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The stupid guy who bought my house in NJ wanted me to pay for a year of the security system we had in the house and we told him all we were including was the year paid contract on the heating and cooling system and that was all brand new .He also wanted my dining room set that was all maple and my bedroom set and I told him it was all my sons and that shut him up .We had given it all to my son before that house was put up for sale and just left there in case he backed out .Turned out he was worried we were going to back out of the sale after his bank appraised the house for 75 thousand more than what he got it for .We knew it was worth more but we priced it to sell fast .Our bank appraisal was only 50 thousand more than the sale price .I am always amazed at people .He was from NY so he was used to high prices for a closet sized apartment and here he was getting a full house for that price plus I left a custom pool table and a 1 year old washer and dryer .2 of the bedrooms were 25x17 and 2 others were 15x17 so he was getting more .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a HUGE safe it would mean taking down a wall, slump block, to remove it, getting professionals to move it. We had to sign it was staying.....geez

He wants the furniture, I just bought, it will full price or going to sis.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When it is a buyers market the buyer has the upper hand and some take advantage of it .I only ask for what is fair on my house purchases .But some people want the moon and the stars .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It's unbelievable what buyers expect these days!!! Geeez. For your sake I hope it goes through and you can close this chapter and move forward....maybe hide a piece of shrimp in a curtain hem when you leave.....hee hee :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
OH YEA LOL.I always look at how long a house is on the market .Plus if it is bank owned or foreclosure .They are the better bargains here because there are so many that need love .Thing is there are people these days that want a house already done and ready .He seems to want done and ready but is trying anything he can to lower the price .To me a pool is never a selling point unless you have the money or know how or time to maintain it .He is looking for a bargain, to me this is a better than new house with all the custom features he should be happy .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were not even on the market, just a sign in the front yard. We were just finishing up getting ready to market it. Honey woke up and said we are going to sale the house today, 3 hours later the guy called and asked to come by.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Right now it is a sellers market here,, just some holiday slowness happening.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true about holidays most don't want the disruption .Maybe he is looking at other houses to compare it and will realize he better jump on this one soon or it will be gone .Some people can't see the rainbow .:);)He is blind and may see it to late and it will be gone .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He cancelled, we refused to give him a 48000 reduction to make the house perfect, well perfect in his eyes. We had already negotiated a reduction = to what a buyer's agent would get paid.
Fine with me. He did not deserve this house.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We think he wanted to use our dime to make the house perfect to resell or rent out.
He also wanted us to replace the shop lights with led lights.

Ask a Question