addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are still here in Arizona, waiting on funds, but the weather is great, sun is out, no snow, even though it has been warmer in Maryland than here, that has recently changed.

Being restless, sort of on hold to move on after the house closes, my dear hubby says, why don't we go look at RV's, then we could drive home.
So we did. Many craighlists RV's, most owned by sand dunners, a little warn, water leaks, dings and dents. I was a previous duner, a lot of the tend to drink a lot and use the rv just to crash in. Then we looked at some for sale by older folks, pricey...............................

Then dear honey decided he wanted a class a, 30 plus feet, I said no not what we really want to drive a monster down the road. So next step we wandered RV mecca in mesa, there is one lot after another down there. About 45 minutes from the house.

On our 6th lot, we found a class c wini mini, 21 foot and a class b-c Born Free 26 foot, after going from one to the other we decided to make an offer on the 1998 Born Free., 7.3 power stroke diesel. I liked it having a always made bed. They took our offer.

So long story longer, they kept it a week, replaced the tires, changed oils, replaced front brake shoes and rotors, replaced a broken window, tested everything that ran, detailed it. Then told us a week later to come and spend the night to make sure all was fine. The rv did not start up well, so they replaced two batteries. All at their cost.

The RV has had two owners, the inside smelled new, looked new, very very well taken care of.

SO now here we are driving home, once we are done here. Doing a wander home stopping along the way. Dear honey craigslist junkie found a nice heavy duty tow dolly, so now we will tow my prius home.

We are currently up in flagstaff having our Christmas with my sister. Her new daughter in laws, father had a medical crisis so they can not come west from NY, so she and hubby are flying back east on tuesday. We took the opportunity to check out the RV, drove it up here. It ran so smooth and well. We are going to head to Kartchner Caverns down near Tucson to spend 5 days, including christmas in the desert. We will also explore the Caverns. Another test run of the rv before we head across country with it.

Here are a few pictures from the web site.

vp4463725_1_large.jpg
vp4463725_3_large.jpg
vp4463725_32_large.jpg
vp4463725_38_large.jpg
vp4463725_42_large.jpg
vp4463725_51_large.jpg
vp4463725_60_large.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It also has roll bars, we are so tickled with it. A new adventure!

New ones are up in the 100-200k range. This one has 60k miles, the engine is rated for 555k miles, easy. So they say................
We found out it is very stable, it does not rock when the big trucks go flying by us. No stabilizing legs, none needed.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It also has roll bars, we are so tickled with it. A new adventure!

New ones are up in the 100-200k range. This one has 60k miles, the engine is rated for 555k miles, easy. So they say................
We found out it is very stable, it does not rock when the big trucks go flying by us. No stabilizing legs, none needed.
Think of all the rocks you can take home NOW!! :D(y)
John
P.s. You didn't PLAN it that way, did you! ;)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Think of all the rocks you can take home NOW!! :D(y)
John
P.s. You didn't PLAN it that way, did you! ;)
Lol same thing my dear hubby said, he wants to take the dog rock, which is not light.
He is the one that is really encouraging me to get all the rocks I want.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Next time we head to Florida we will drive it and head to the keys. Last trip down we were in a van with a window ac unit we tied into the window, to stay cool.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Adventure after adventure. I love hearing you sound happy and full of trips. I am living vicariously through you until I can retire. I love the new traveling house you guys got.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just met with the owners to be, sounds like funds won't be here until mid January. So we will continue to test camp the rv. Explore Arizona, never had time when I was here working

Ask a Question