j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guess it's a good thing for it to be cold back there at home so you don't have to worry about them needing much food now.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guess it's a good thing for it to be cold back there at home so you don't have to worry about them needing much food now.
no kidding when it is cold they don't fly out trying to eat. Then come back hungry and inhale their winter food. They were out of food mid January last year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looking at your Md temps it's not that cold back there again. Prolly gets cold at night tho. Bee's prolly think it's cold under 50 or so kinda like our fishy friends. Your temp in Az right now says 54 and we are at 52, almost same. Wow we are having desert temps!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are not supposed to fly below 50, ours have been out at 40-45. Not many but some. They cluster to protect the queen below 45-50 ish

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I've been meaning to share this. This bottle of honey appeared in our cabinet, when I questioned thye wife on it's origin she said... 'Vince's sister makes it', Vince is her brother in-law. It was decent, tho I thought it was a bit sweet when just plain, but made good on bread and in tea. It's gone now.
001.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice. it is interesting how the flavor can be different, hives side by side will taste different. Within one hive the honey supers can have different flavors, it all depends on where they got the nectar from. . Ours got theirs mainly from the black locust trees. We had a great bloom last year. A lot on commercial honey is blended, a mix of all the different hives in different bee yards

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@addy1 Glad to see you're enjoying the RV! And I was wondering about the bees, so thanks for the update.

I've not been around much lately......what's the latest on the house? Last I recall, the buyers were waiting for their funds to clear.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Still waiting, We are going to head east by the end of this month. . When we head back to the house on Friday we are going to contact them see what is happening. Trying not to bother them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
PARTY PARTY PARTY The funds will be here Friday!!!!! We will be heading home next week.
The buyers added 20k to the purchase price since we have worked with them on this journey. We have held this house on a promise and 1000 earnest money. Two months now being finalized!!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Honey and i just realized we have been gone a third of a year now. Going to be leaving 70f heading to the teens.....lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And i picked up new phone (100 bucks) and carrier it works so darn good! Guess my 4 yr old one was.....well old lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well wonder how missy is going to feel about coming home to all the cold .We were a balmy 17 degrees this morning and better than the 8 degrees yesterday .45 degrees tomorrow and then this snow storm and then back up to 40's and 50's again .So will be back to work on the decks .

Ask a Question