Autumn is definately on its way here in Plymouth

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Thanks Addy, I'm going to get a pond breather too, and use it with my smaller aerator that I used last winter. My small aerator is not very powerful, so I'm not afraid to use it. Several of my koi have grown so big that I worry about O2 depletion over the winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey it seems we are in for more warm weather :cool: with a strong weather front pushing warm air from the tropics on its way up to us near the end of this week but this will be our last gasp before winter thats for sure

Dave

Reaction score
It certainly feels like winters arrived in the North West, central heating on & winter duvet :( Any algea in the pond has died off and done a great job of blocking everything up, dont think the fish are impressed with just wheatgerm & garlic food compared to japan mix from quenti koi ive been feeding them since August. I am impressed with the japan mix all the fish look in very good condition and have put quite a bit of weight since I started feed it. I'll defo feed it next year :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We hit 77 today, pond has wandered back up to 65 degrees. The fish are still swimming around and eat a little.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No 70's temps here anymore I'm afraid. Lucky now if we hit 60 and I'll take that w/ a little sunshine on the side any Fall day from now on. I've been feeding my fish the Fall food once a day trying to fatten them up good for winter.
Transplanted a little oak tree that a squirrel must have planted too close to our deck so I moved it away from there to it's new spot. The darn thing had a long tap root and I hope I didn't damage it. It's turning red now so wondering if that means it's a red oak?
IMG_6190.JPG

Ask a Question