Baby comets actually starting to change color LOL.

Reaction score
LOL... Love the shubunkins (but at least mine, dont want to call someone else's fish stupid LOL) are soooo dumb. I wish she could hold off another week (doubt it, not my luck) as hubby put the round of "just in case" Prazi into the QT pond last night... The rescue fish have been in QT for 6 weeks now and look great.

Hubby DID catch the little baby he found, and also caught "something else" that I started another thread for identification LOL. He & I dont agree on what it is LMAO. Since it is coming up on 3" (not quite there yet), I think we can see enough to identify it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
CAPE, are they all goldfish? No koi? They are so pretty, and I like that white one, too. I have some nice comets, but none with the pretty, flowy tail and/or pectoral fins. Have gotten most of my fish from PETSMART, but haven't been in recently [still "cyling" my pond, so not adding anything new yet :( ] to see what they have. Guess I should make periodic visits. Then if I did happen on anything spectacular, could always put it in QT.

Reaction score
In the "pond" which is 6500 gallons, we have mostly koi, a half dozen or so shubunkins, and some comets (7 comets and 1 very large white feeder goldfish that survived all the odds LOL)... we WERE going to place all the comets/goldfish (they are staying), so moved them up to what was supposed to be the bog (2500 gals water, less a couple tons of gravel started towards it becoming a bog)... So since the bog has become the 'comet pond' all the baby comets we find go up there...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
just call it a combog pond a mixture of both!

Reaction score
Hmmm... is that comet + bog = combog? If so, we need to change it LOL... Last time I rearranged babies, I had one shubunkin in the biggest baby pool that was too big for some of the chompers I moved into that pool, so it went to the bog... I suppose I can just think of it as COMBO + bog.... LOL.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol yep comet and bog pond = combog so if you add shubbies to it could be comshubog lmao

Ask a Question