Baby koi growing fast

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Since my last post, the baby koi in my pond are up to 4-5" in length and are now able to eat the regular pellets I feed to the adults. We have only lost 1 baby since we discovered them--it got stuck in the skimmer net.

So...... what the heck am I going to do with 10 baby fish? Our pond is around 750 gallons from what the previous owner of the house had told us--there is no way it could accomodate that many fish plus two adult fish of spawning age on a long-term basis.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you have a local mom & pop pet/aquatic store near you? Sometimes they will take fish in exchange for store credit.

Craigslist is another way you may find homes for your excess fish.

Also check for any fish clubs in your area. They may be able to help you find homes as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Maria your lucky in the UK aquatic outlets wont buy fish from owners even if they sold themto you basically you have to either get a private sale or non at all .
We where lucky our aquatic store wanted our koi for a disoplay pond the fish that werent up to show standard went to the lake they have [non fished]
We can buy and sell on ebay but that has a bit of a bad reputation for diseased fish

Dave

Ask a Question