Back up air

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He has a trickle charger on the battery, so it is being charged slowly but apparently more than the draw from the small aerator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Correct @GBBUDD. It has been running for several years like this. I ran the numbers on it when I first set it up but I forget what they are now. I do remember the draw for the pump is minimal. I snipped off the alligator clips for the charger and pump and added eye terminals (for lack of a better term) and bolted them to the battery. I also added a switch between the battery and the pump.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great, thanks. I was curious on if that little dc pump could handle extended running as it is a live bait pump and its mechanism is a little different than an ac pump. Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Back up bubbles first real test a success!!
Power went out, bubbles doing bubble!

Attachments

• IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m glad it worked for you. We had a day off of school due to either flooding in the area or power outages. I’m feeling confident my bubbler continued bubbling if the power did go out at school.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s works great and it has about 2400 watt hours available to go on so I’m set for many days by the math

Ask a Question