j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that looks like the plant you have. It goes in the house in Winter right? Must like it when you get it outside to get growing better.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Burd i would just clear coat it with a lacquer if you are going to use it for vines to grow on it. oops i missed the post button. better late then never

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Burd you inspired me to try some artsy fartsy stuff on my wood shed wall. Maybe birds or bats will use these or not as that's ok too. Just did it for some decor for the blank wall.
IMG_9307.JPG

B

Burd

Here’s the latest project, my gf found me a elec Wire spool, I’ve been wanting a clock for over the fireplace. I started laying it out, I want it smaller, so I’ll spin a router on it like a compass to cut it to a smaller diameter. Here it is so far. I’m leaning toreards the one I saw online that was half whitewashed.
A8BEF347-E840-4DB2-BCD2-0B4FF92DB360.png
B621DE1C-F9CD-4AFF-972A-29226BEB6E7F.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Burd you inspired me to try some artsy fartsy stuff on my wood shed wall. Maybe birds or bats will use these or not as that's ok too. Just did it for some decor for the blank wall.
View attachment 124052
Very nice! The birds will use if they are like the ones here. People hand bird houses on sheds all of the time and they populate them well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 well that would be very cool if they do. Do they clean them out when they leave or come back if there is old nest junk in them? Just wondering cuz I don't plan on cleaning them out. Not going to be a landlord,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most of my bird houses I leave the nesting material in them. The birds reuse those houses, the few I have cleaned they don't use again. By clean I mean pull nesting material out.

B

Burd

I finally wrapped up the siding on my patio. Just need a new door wall slider and a back door. What a loan, everything had to come apart and had to move it all, speakers too. But it’s nice now. I can’t find the pic I took, I’ll get one tomorrow. Added a new red BBQ, all red accents now. Lol.

B

Burd

It just snowed here. I may have posted this before, but I can’t wait till spring. The potato plant has been in my garage all winter, it’s not doing well, do these plant die back in the winter? Here it is all happy on my baker rack.
AF4119A5-26D6-4CA9-938F-7D1DE242E2BB.jpeg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The potato plant has been in my garage all winter, it’s not doing well, do these plant die back in the winter?

Yes, mine die back. I have some on our back deck in a pot with some taro plants, that I bring in side for the winter. The potato vine dies back then comes back again once I move the pot back outside the following spring.

Ask a Question