j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If it says too large you must edit the photo to make it smaller I presume.

B

Burd

8E6D4CB8-3E24-4D9B-837D-F3BDB9B9840F.png
Well I dont know how to resize, I run a forum, I just re worked the pic size so someone on an iPhone or iPad can shoot a pic and post. I’m using SMF software, this site has better I imagine, all the admin has to do is re work the size. Everything I post is from the same phone, not sure why some are larger. Doesn’t make any sense.
All you do on the Amin side is allow larger pics, then the site resizes to your allowed size. Easy.
That’s dumb, I just took a pic of the pic and it posted.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice and happy you figured out a work around for posting the photo. Maybe let @Becky know about this issue. The admins are good at fixing problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 118238 Well I dont know how to resize, I run a forum, I just re worked the pic size so someone on an iPhone or iPad can shoot a pic and post. I’m using SMF software, this site has better I imagine, all the admin has to do is re work the size. Everything I post is from the same phone, not sure why some are larger. Doesn’t make any sense.
All you do on the Amin side is allow larger pics, then the site resizes to your allowed size. Easy.
That’s dumb, I just took a pic of the pic and it posted.

Sorry you’ve been experiencing difficulty uploading large files to the forum. As I’m sure you understand it costs money to host a website, and the larger the files the more resources are required which is why we set a limit on file sizes. Unfortunately our forum software doesn’t have the capability to resize really large files, but if you need help with learning how to resize images please let me know (y)

B

Burd

People post pics from their device, the SITE uploader re sizes them to your limit. There’s no extra charge, in the end the size you limit is posted. You have to keep up with current iPhones / iPads. I just did all this. It doesn’t cost anymore. Letting members post old flip phone pic sizes just isn’t good.

B

Burd

It’s time to hang up your bee hotels. Some have mud still sealing off the tubes still, I read they will still hatch, I Stored the hotel in my garage over the winter, I’ve read you should let it go dormant over the winter, it’s 60ish in my garage, I heat it so I’m not sure if that harmed the bees. I
It it back out yesterday, it gets morning sun. and it’s time to put out the baker rack. I found a cool bee pot yesterday at the fruit market. I bought it for the rack.
I also read to put a tray of mud neary by for the bees.

Last edited by a moderator:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a nice big one I bought from Costco, need to get it hung up, thanks for the reminder.

The birds are starting to visit all of my bird houses, even the new ones

B

Burd

Yes, I bought a winter roosting house last fall, about a dozen can huddle together when it’s cold, in the spring, you take the ladder out and flip the door over, so the hole is on the top, I see a bird already going in. Also Hung up the wren house too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see birds checking out our houses, I have lost count of how many we have, around 40-60 hung here and there.
Love it, we have almost no bugs. Between the birds, frogs, toads, dragonflies and everything else that lives here.

B

Burd

Thanks, I took the 4 chunky y feet off a sofa when we threw it out, made just a plywood box, and the barn wood, is from Home Depot, it’s ceder actually, $60 for the whole thing, not bad. It comes pre stained, warped and pre packaged. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question