Baker racks

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Yes, I bought a winter roosting house last fall, about a dozen can huddle together when it’s cold, in the spring, you take the ladder out and flip the door over, so the hole is on the top, I see a bird already going in. Also Hung up the wren house too.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see birds checking out our houses, I have lost count of how many we have, around 40-60 hung here and there.
Love it, we have almost no bugs. Between the birds, frogs, toads, dragonflies and everything else that lives here.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Here’s the pot for the baker rack, and I just made that coffee table for the sunroom too,
image.jpg

Reactions: j.w

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Thanks, I took the 4 chunky y feet off a sofa when we threw it out, made just a plywood box, and the barn wood, is from Home Depot, it’s ceder actually, $60 for the whole thing, not bad. It comes pre stained, warped and pre packaged. Lol

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are so clever @Burd and it pays to keep stuff you think you might need for a project later. Love the table!

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Picked up a hedgehog pot for on the Rack. It has a succulent in it, it doesn’t have a drain hole in the bottom I have a diamond bit, so I’ll put one in
07820E38-7BE4-45ED-A882-2ADDB27A6DE0.jpeg

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Reminds me, I need to acid wash the wall, it had to be totally re tucked, and I can’t wait to get the new Siding up. Since red is the accent color, I saw a nice kitchen aid BBQ in red today. Not many come with a side burner anymore I gotta have that
055E13E6-704B-488C-AFA8-EAD1093E62D8.jpeg

• Love

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice! Succulents can survive without a drain hole if you watch the watering. Mine in the house get watered about every few months. They have been without water for 4 months (it was winter and colder in the house)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy the long hooks at the dollar store .I got the horse shoe shelf brackets for a dollar for both at the flea market and got levelor blinds for my house for 5 dollars a piece .You would love max kendall lumber here free samples to take of metal roofing for bird houses and free boards rough cut from the trash dump sight there .I get lost in it all and love it

Attachments

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh by the way a side burner on a gas grill is great when the power goes out .soups, eggs and coffee on it are great

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Your rite on the no power, we loose it here often. Gotta have a side burner. Should be able to add one to kitchen aid ya think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I've made things from horse shoes. Mainly wall hooks. I cut one in half, then weld that half to a full one. Then paint them. If there's a barn near you, they usually have plenty of old ones laying around. I'm lucky, my daughter has a horse.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I picked up a few more things for the baker rack, it’s raining, so the red lantern isn’t out. I need more stuff.
F029FC51-4EBB-46F8-9152-437319A843AA.jpeg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a fun thing to do! You might have birds setting up housekeeping in those :smuggrin:

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
That would be funny, I have another bird house I spent way too much time on to fix, it was up in a tree when I moved in.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
You can see in the pic, the soffits are done but I just can’t get siding on rest of the house wrapped up.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I added a few things. Still need some more stuff. I actually saw a bird up there looking around a few times. I think it was a wren.
7E17761C-3D5B-4AEE-B2F1-948E4980DF75.jpeg

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
The plants on the baker rack filled out, glad I got the rack. I still need to finish the siding, I have 3 doors that have to be installed first that go,out to the patio The hanging pot to the right, I was in Atlanta, that plant was being trimmed in front of a wine store, I put a pc in my shirt pocket and brought it home, rooted it, and it’s doing good Has purple Flowers I just noticed in the pic, a small birdhouse it tipped over, a chipmunk keeps going up there And moving stuff , I did get the JBL speakers up under the soffit, now I have tunes on the patio Anyone else with a baker rack ?
With the little pond off the other side of the patio, it’s a nice shady place in the late afternoon to evening to rel@xe and drink wine. :)
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question