BBB bog build begins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, bog talk ! well i think spring is here for us in the uk and my garden is waking up but it seems my bog woke up a while ago the hostas, forget me nots, and a few others are shooting up, this will be my first full year as a bog "owner" and already i am very happy with whats going on with it, definitely made the right choice to add this to my setup:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I raked out the dead stuff, a lot of green stuff coming up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Nice job building the bog. It looks really nice and when the plants mature, it will just look like a planter to the average person. Well done...

As someone already stated, for best filtration your bog's surface area should be about 30% of your pond's surface area. I don't know if your current bog meets that number.
You could always add another stock tank bog. It doesn't have to be all in one.

I feel your pain on building the bog. I did mine in the Spring of 2020. 3 cubic yards of gravel, 3 loads with my pickup truck, transported and rinsed with my wheelbarrow from the driveway to the backyard. I'm no spring chicken either. I had to buy a heating pad for my back!
I can say it was well worth it. My pond water has never been this clear and almost no maintenance is required.

Ask a Question