Be careful with your Banana trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
D1E8CEDB-9317-4E42-8721-1E4E0CDBEAB7.jpeg

This is going out to anyone that has Banana plants. ....especially Sissy....since I know she has some.....Wasp love to nest on the underside of banana leaves.....I knew this, since I have taken out two other nest this year.....so I took a picture of it to show Sarah, I went on about my business watering and my hose got hung on the base of that tree.....they nailed me.....five of them before I could get away.....needless to say they hurt

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks @Jimmy Gibson I have Banana trees also and have never noticed or even looked for the wasps on the leaves. I will keep an eye out when out near them!

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I've never seen paper wasps under my leaves either. But it sure looks like a great place for a nest.
My issue has been with cutting down banana plants......They always grow back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I've never seen paper wasps under my leaves either. But it sure looks like a great place for a nest.
My issue has been with cutting down banana plants......They always grow back!
Yeah.....Sarah and I were talking about that same thing this morning.....they are beautiful during the summer.....but a PIA to get rid of in the fall..... And don't make the mistake and wait for the first freeze....they turn into mush

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Yeah.....Sarah and I were talking about that same thing this morning.....they are beautiful during the summer.....but a PIA to get rid of in the fall..... And don't make the mistake and wait for the first freeze....they turn into mush
Not much chance of a freeze happening down here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had some in front of a window in our house. I cut them down, they grew back, I dug some up and more grew back. I finally had to dig deep to get all their stump roots. Now they are gone from there but I transplanted some near my green house. They can go nuts there, I don't care!
IMG_8700.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I read about even honey bees that love the plant because if a stem gets an injury to it that it bleeds a sweet sap .Now wasps like them also .I know it can happen to elephant ears also .Thank you for the info

Ask a Question