Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I read Misty of Chincoteague.
My favorite book when I was a kid!

How neat that you met the real Misty! We went all the time when I was a kid. I remember feeding the horses apples. Not allowed now, too many people around.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The horse babies are so cute. The deer are tiny sika deer. so tiny, Usually can't grab a picture fast enough. The babies are so tiny. Saw twins a while back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Have you been to Pony Penning? It's just like the book!! We watched the swim from a boat, even had a "Misty Rescue" then managed to get back to our cottage in time to see them come down Main! I think it's coming up pretty soon too.. Every time I smell a salt marsh it takes me back... Nothing smells like summer more than "Chincoteague Mud"

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy, are you going to be at the beach this week? We are headed to St. Michaels tomorrow and are planning on doing an island day. Going to try to do it early week as the roundup and auction are this week!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, are you going to be at the beach this week? We are headed to St. Michaels tomorrow and are planning on doing an island day. Going to try to do it early week as the roundup and auction are this week!
Nah have to stay here, we might have a contract on Baltimore, per realtor yesterday. They want to inspect on Wednesday, putting them off until Saturday. Need to finish up a few things, procrastinating hubby put off doing which the inspector would hit us for. Kept telling him we should go and finish up. So Back to Baltimore....................yuck!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got a few decent pictures of some of the ponies with my new phone. They were grazing right along side of the road. Forgot my camera at home.
20181019_113600.jpg
20181019_113405.jpg
20181019_113225.jpg

Sad day, I found out that the horse with the white heart on its side was killed by a car. We saw it when it was a tiny foal, watched it grow up. So sad.........:(
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_1838.JPG
InkedIMG_2861_LI.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah that is sad to hear. Guess there is no protection for them going out on the roads. Sorry for whoever hit the horse.
Your new phone takes nice pix!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The speed limit is 25, all I can think is the horses charge out of the brush. Of course not all drive 25. He was hit right after you go over the bridge to get to the island.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep your are right about that, there are lots who go way over the speed limit everywhere. I'd like to carry a set of spike strips sometime to toss out in front of some of them but then I'd be the one thrown in jail and not them.

Ask a Question