best for fish under ice

Reaction score
What is the recommended pump size (GPH) based on water volume or is it just about making bubbles? I need to get one or two and this price sounds right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
i just use air bubbling in a corner on the top 1/4 of the pond. Water circulation for most of us will disturb that stratification of water that happens--and that warmer layer at the bottom where the fish will hang out. You're in CT, so i would go with just air in your case. With your cold winters, you might do damage to a pump if you tried to keep it running.

Don't be afraid to just turn everything off.
Would you advise me the same way in 5? Ty

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Jeanie master I've noticed you're commenting on a lot of posts dealing with ice on ponds. Just to let you know that these are old threads, so old in fact that you may not get a response from anyone. No harm at all in looking at them, and the info is good, just don't expect an answer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Jeanie master I've noticed you're commenting on a lot of posts dealing with ice on ponds. Just to let you know that these are old threads, so old in fact that you may not get a response from anyone. No harm at all in looking at them, and the info is good, just don't expect an answer.
Ty for that bit of info! Lol. It has been eons since I've been in a forum. Need to get re-educated!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ty for that bit of info! Lol. It has been eons since I've been in a forum. Need to get re-educated!
We strongly encourage newbies to dig into the archives as there have been so many great topics covered here. I just didn't want you to anticipate a response from someone.....who hasn't been on the forum for 9 years.

If you'll notice, at the very bottom of a post, on the left, on line with the word "report" there is ghosted writing that is the name of the poster and the date of the post. Very recent posts will give a time, like "30 minutes ago", or will say, like, "Wednesday." After you've been with us a while you'll become familiar with member names. And a glance at their info (left side, under avatar) you'll see they date they joined th forum.

And there is an advantage for all of us when you do find and respond to an older post -- it re-exposes us to some maybe forgotten gems of wisdom. The wisdom of experience, the best kind!! If you find something that sounds helpful, if you'll make a comment (even just the word "bump") it will bring that thread forward. But what's amusing (and it's happened....) :ROFLMAO: is when a really old thread is resurrected and a few members will begin a debate with the OP......until someone points out the age of the post :grumpy:

Ask a Question