Black spots with jelly like stuff around it

Reaction score
Country
United States
aww don't freak out, if it is in a pond it is usually something natural!
Ya I just don't want an infestation of something bad it's bad enough I gotta figure out how to get rid of all these damn baby bluegills there is way to many of those how do I get rid of those

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Minnow trap? @mrsclem made a pvc frame with netting that she used to trap baby koi etc.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No clue on that, look up what baby blue gills look like vs baby bass

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Brandonspond enjoy your tadpoles. Most all will move on after they turn into frogs.

Reaction score
I
How many should I take out n how do I know if there baby bass cause I don't wanna take those out if some are
If you're wondering how to tell a bass fry from a bluegill fry do a google search and find some pictures. That will go a long way. And your picture looks exactly like the toads eggs I get in my pond every couple days this time of year. If you don't want them hatching in your pond then just get a small fish net and scoop them out. I do it all the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Those are the next generation of bug eaters. It’s either toad or frog eggs, probably toad. If you do net them out, put them in a bucket of water, and move them to a wild pond edge, or slow moving stream. They are good for the environment!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
As addy1 said those are definitely frog eggs. Toad eggs are laid in strings, frogs lay masses of eggs. If you have tree frogs and bullfrogs one of those types of frogs laid the eggs.

Don’t worry about it, Most of us that have ponds get inundated with frog eggs, yet aren’t overrun by frogs because The fish in our ponds will eat most of those tadpoles.

Bass and blue gill look nothing alike, so if you know what a blue gill looks like and you catch a fish that looks different it is a bass. Assuming blue gill and bass are the only fish in your pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yours are laid so symmetrical mine are blobs some up to 1½ inches around just hanging out. I picked one up. Its solid black, a ball shape, and squishy. I've been taking them out with the frog clusters and tossing them in the grass. I can hear the frogs complaining while I do it lol. I was hoping to find out what kind of creature it is too

The pool water is clear with a hint of green. Texas heat eats up the chlorine and the frogs take advantage of my not being on top of my chlorine levels.

Ask a Question