Black spots with jelly like stuff around it

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I
How many should I take out n how do I know if there baby bass cause I don't wanna take those out if some are
If you're wondering how to tell a bass fry from a bluegill fry do a google search and find some pictures. That will go a long way. And your picture looks exactly like the toads eggs I get in my pond every couple days this time of year. If you don't want them hatching in your pond then just get a small fish net and scoop them out. I do it all the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Those are the next generation of bug eaters. It’s either toad or frog eggs, probably toad. If you do net them out, put them in a bucket of water, and move them to a wild pond edge, or slow moving stream. They are good for the environment!

Jhn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
As addy1 said those are definitely frog eggs. Toad eggs are laid in strings, frogs lay masses of eggs. If you have tree frogs and bullfrogs one of those types of frogs laid the eggs.

Don’t worry about it, Most of us that have ponds get inundated with frog eggs, yet aren’t overrun by frogs because The fish in our ponds will eat most of those tadpoles.

Bass and blue gill look nothing alike, so if you know what a blue gill looks like and you catch a fish that looks different it is a bass. Assuming blue gill and bass are the only fish in your pond.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question